“Beautiful little hotel in great location”

Hotel Jardin Le Brea
Ranked #160 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Europe
“Beautiful little hotel in great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times myself and recommend it to other people visiting Paris.

Hotel and Rooms: The hotel is stylish without being overwhelming and has a cosy and clean feel to it. It always smells nice.
It is a boutique hotel meaning that every room is beautifully decorated, with a specific colour theme around flowers. The rooms are small though, but this is reality in Paris. The bathrooms are modern and clean.
Although the hotel is in a busy area I didn’t find it noisy at all at night.

Location: The location is extremely convenient, right next to a Metro Station Vavin. For us arriving with the Thalys from Brussels, we take the Metro 4 directly to Vavin. The beautiful Jardin du Luxembourg is very close to the hotel and is really worth a visit, don’t miss the Fountain of the Medici. Rue Vavin itself has many nice little boutiques for all those who like shopping, you can find some bargains there. And at the big crossing there are many typical and cosy cafés and restaurants. Saint-Germain des Prés is also in walking distance, don’t miss the church St Sulpice. Montparnasse Cemetary is also very close.

Anything else:
Staff is always very friendly and you have free Wifi.
Breakfast is good but don’t expect a huge choice, it is a small hotel.

Prices: Are OK for Paris and the location, and that this is a flawless boutique hotel, I always paid between 130 and 170€ a night, the latter I find a bit too much.

I would always recommend this hotel to anyone traveling alone or with 1 other person for a short stay in Paris in a convenient and beautiful hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Pistache1141

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

The location is great, but this is the only good thing I can say about this hotel. I go to Paris very often and usually stay in that area, and, having tried many hotels, I believe Jardin le Brea is the worst choice. I stayed there once about 20 years ago, so when my usual hotels were fully booked I decided to give it a try. The hotel doesn't seem to have had any serious upgrade since that visit. The *** sup rating is a joke. The room is completely average, the bathroom is below average. I was first put in a room facing rue Brea, on the 1st floor (despite my request for a higher floor); the noise from the pub across the street was so loud I could not sleep until 4am, when the bar closed. If you shut the windows completely, the noise level is down, but the tiny size of the room ensures you run out of oxygen in an hour... I asked to be put in another room; they told me to wait a day. After that I was finally put in a quiter room.
When I was leaving, I asked them to keep my bag (rather heavy, about 25kg) for a couple of hours. It turned out their storage room is downstairs and the lift doesn't go down, so you have to carry your bag down, and the staircase is extremely narrow. No help is offered of course.
The staff are quite rude; at some point when asking about changing the room I switched to English and they told me they would only continue talking to me in French...
All other hotels in the area are way better, and many are cheaper as well, so my advice is to avoid this one.

Room Tip: Facing back, do not face rue Brea.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank SKTT09
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

We are so pleased we chose to stay at Le Brea. Location was amazing and the street it was in was rather chic. It had cafes restaurants and boutiques . We noticed that the street was even given a review in our guide book. We had a lovely room overlooking the street . We were fortunate when we visited that the weather was perfect so we were able to sit in the gardens only 5 minuites away eating s lovely pastry from the local patisserie . The hotel is spotless with lots of character. My only little niggle that the scrambled eggs at breakfast were alway s cold. Would definitely return and recommend

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank anne86
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

A lovely little hotel in a perfect location.

A friend and I stayed here in 2009 and had great service. Hotels very clean, and the hospitality is great. Since it isn't a chain, they really do a great job to be accomodating.

Stayed again in 2010 for my honeymoon, had the exact same experience. The nice thing is its near really great shopping and restaurants. And right next to an amazing gardens (Luxembourg gardens). My wife and I walked every where from the hotel, it may have taken a few extra minutes but well worth it.

A great hotel in a great part of town. Definitely not worried about safety ever when staying in the area. Very upscale neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BBORCHE4
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

A lovely hotel with a perfect location - we walked through the beautiful Luxembourg gardens to get closer to the river every day. The staff are extremely helpful and the hotel is very tastefully decorated with free internet access and nespresso being an added bonus. We would definitely return to this hotel. Try the creperie across the road - a real treat!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank LondonSeahorse
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

A cute little hotel in a fantastic neighbourhood. Right near several Metro lines (Notre Dame Des Champs & Vavin), it was just off the main road, on a quiet street. With about 15 rooms (5 on each of the 3 floors), it's a quaint hotel with incredibly friendly & helpful staff.

Wish I had explored the main lobby more, as it wasn't until I was checking out that I noticed the little patio garden and coffee/liquor lounge area on the other side of the desk. They also have a computer in the front seating area.

I definitely would stay here again the next time I visit!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank BabyBird_CA
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2012

With its great location in the Latin Quarter/ Montparnasse area, my daughter and I found Jardin le Brea a quiet haven after our long days gallavanting around Paris. Its quick access to the Metro (Vavin) and easy walking distance to Jardin Luxembourg, Ile de la Cite and Notre Dame, the Pantheon, and Tour Montparnasse make it the perfect place. Several recommedended restaurants (Le Dome and La Coupole) are right around the corner. Although small, the rooms are nicely updated in bright colors and are well mantained and extremely clean. The staff is welcoming and friendly; in fact, the breakfast room attendant rushed out to get more croissants when she realized there were none left by the time we got there for breakfast. I will most definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family