“Charming Paris hotel, great location, great value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Verneuil

Hotel Verneuil
Ranked #92 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Rye, New York, United States
“Charming Paris hotel, great location, great value!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lovely and accommodating staff. Great location very close to St Germain. Rooms are indeed small but newer as they were just renovated in 2012. Feels clean and new. Will return next time I am in town. Breakfast while not included in the price was quite good and priced well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was a first time travelling to Paris with my family, so I put some time in researching a hotel that would be in a great location and would be good value for money. We had two weeks in this amazing city, so it was important for us to choose well. Hotel Verneuil fit the bill perfectly. The hotel was in the St Germain area within an easy walk to Louvre, Champs Elysees and wonderful bakeries. For this reason we chose to have breakfast at on of the many pastry shops locally, with Eric Kayser being one of our favourites.

The hotel has been newly renovated, and even though the rooms were small, we found them to be of gorgeous decor, and very clean. We had a Club room, and recommend this, and would even prefer a Deluxe room, which I would chose on a return visit.

Service was excellent, and nothing was too much trouble. We had the helpful staff organise our Louvre and Eiffel Tower tickets, as well as recommendation of many great restaurants. Sandrine was especially helpful, and made our stay at Hotel Verneuil very special.

In one word, would I stay here again..... Definitely, but I would upgrade to a Deluxe room.

Merci Beaucoup! :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Deluxe room, it will be worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dim123
Houston
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Here's my pro/con list for this hotel. Overall, I really enjoyed my short stay here:

Pro:

1. Great location. You can walk to the Louve, Eiffel Tower, etc. The Left Bank area is truly beautiful and this hotel allows you the ability to soak in that beauty.

2. Breakfast. Breakfast is served in the hotel's basement, which sounds way more terrifying than it is in reality. The basement looks more like an expansive wine cave then your normal run of the mill basement. The spread at breakfast is your typical cold cuts, cheeses, assortment of breads, soft boiled eggs, yogurt, plenty of jams, cereal, etc. It was perfect food assortment to start your day.

3. The Bathrooms. We stayed in a Club Room and we found the bathroom to be the highlight. It has a full sized bathtub and a heated towel rack. The space is quite large for Paris.

4. Room Service and Menu. The room service menu was plentiful for this small, quaint hotel. I was very surprised to see so many tasty options.

5. Staff. The staff is pleasant and always available. They can arrange car services, museum passes, and even restaurant reservations. We went to two of their restaurant recommendations and we were very pleased with the food.

Cons

1. Club Room is small, but functional. I'm from Texas so my expectations may be out of whack. In fact, they are, I have stayed in Paris before. The Club Room is tight with two people and suitcases. The room is very functional though and overall, you shouldn't be staying in your room--it's PARIS!

2. Looking for a late night drink? Good luck! Most bars and restaurants close relatively early--at least by 11 p.m. So if you are looking for a bar to have a night cap, you may be walking for quite a bit. The good thing about the stores/shops closing early is that there is very little street noise after 10 p.m. so that is a plus when you are trying to sleep.

3. The Stairs are your gym. Spoiler Alert --It's a 17th century building so the charm comes with stairs. There is a very small elevator located on the 2nd floor so if you are exhausted after one flight of stairs then you have that option. No matter what, you will be climbing stairs; however, considering this hotel does not offer a gym, think of it as a psedo-stair master.

Short Summary: Book it! I will stay here again come next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the couryard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aparr1230
Israel
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Location: the hotel is situated at the top end of St Germain which puts you within easy walking distance of both St Germain and the attractions across the river like the Louvre, Rue de Rivoli etc.

The facilities: the hotel was recently renovated which is very evident in the rooms and the breakfast area. Our deluxe room was cozy to small but its new furniture and stylish bathroom fittings more than compensated for that. Even the toiletries were by L'Occitane and the towels were of exceptional quality.

Service: in one word - excellent. The front desk staff provided excellent recommendations and bookings and even had tickets to art exhibits. The breakfast is lovely and definitely recommended.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room and I'm sure it's worth the difference.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ron S
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Having visited Paris for work and leisure for over 30 years, I've had my share of good, bad and truly awful hotels in Paris. This was generally a good one. I chose a Club room which was at the front of the hotel so there was plenty of noise; even with the windows shut. However, it really didn't affect my sleep and one night there was an accordion player on the street below my window which was lovely. The staff are mostly efficient and friendly but the gentleman I encountered in the evenings was a tad chaotic in his approach to guests. I finally figured out where the (€5) coffee pods were hidden in the lounge and made myself a Nespresso. He arrived as I was sitting down to enjoy it and I was told that I was a 'good girl' to have found them - I found this attitude rather patronising. The room is big enough for a short stay - there is a small closet but no drawers. There is also a stocked fridge and safe. The bathroom is a decent size and it was very clean and had all amenities I required.
The breakfast (an extra €16.5) was pretty average and I took advantage of the excellent Monoprix basement cafe for breakfast on my second day in town. I would stay again, simply because of its location - about a 4 minute walk from St Germain metro on line 4 which is handy for everything.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, perhaps a room which does not overlook the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here for four nights in November 2012 during a little city break in Paris. Rooms were small but elegantly appointed and perfect for me as I was traveling solo. A short walk to many major attractions and since it was tucked away on a quiet street I was guaranteed a great night of sleep for the duration of my stay.

Staff was professional friendly and helped me with arranging transport to/from airport as well as with restaurant reservations.

I would stay here again when in Paris and would recommend as well.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TraveltheWorldBK
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We traveled to Paris for a special birthday weekend away and this hotel was just perfect! A great location for exploring the city, within walking distance of the river and local bars and cafes. The room was very elegant and stylish, pristinely clean - the rooms are small but this is to be expected in any Parisienne hotel. Wonderful attention to detail in the rooms, with L'Occitaine bath products and the best rainforest shower I have experienced! The breakfast was great value, with lots of options, croissants, perfectly boiled eggs with the egg cooker (!) and juice freshly squeezed from the orange! St Germain is extremely expensive even relative to the rest of Paris (which is also extremely expensive) so it is definitely worth taking breakfast inside the hotel where it is in happy abundance! The staff were very friendly and helpful, we even had a glass of red wine on the house as room service due to the lounge area being out of action due to sleepy guests in the downstairs room. We would 100% return to this beautiful boutique hotel, and recommend it thoroughly...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple