“Perfect Valentine!!!”

Ranked #703 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Perfect Valentine!!!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My partner and I had the luxury of staying at this wonderful establishment for five days for a very special Valentine’s getaway this February. We were greeted warmly upon our mid morning arrival and to our surprise our room was ready. The room was large, lovely, and bright with a Parisian flair, with the added bonus of a large modern bathroom (tub for two). The four poster bed was perfect for this romantic holiday. The front desk (especially Jeremie, Roman, and Francois) took such wonderful care of us; in particular helping us find a wonderful restaurant for Valentine’s Dinner (total score). It turned out to be a spectacular experience (amazing food and view). The gentlemen were generous in their time, energy and expertise. Suggesting wonderful events, venues, and travel tips. St. Germain de Pres is a perfect neighborhood to feel much more like a Parisian than a tourist. Our stay was perfect and can’t wait to go back (hopefully very soon). Almost afraid to post a glowing review as the secret will get out and our little oasis will be overly filled but had to share this sensational experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Shi S
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a generous review of your stay with us. We do appreciate your sens of humour and every single member of my team and myself are truly glad to read that you had a sensational experience and a perfect Valentine!

Thank you again for staying with us and we would welcome your return visit.

Executive Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Hotel du Danube in 1968. We were doing Europe on $5.00 a day. The hotel was very nice and I remember a courtyard with hydrangas. The breakfast was simple, but very good. Though it appears to cost more than $5.00 today I am glad it is still a wonderful hotel according to the reviews.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear sir,

Thank you so very much indeed for taking the time to write this short story of your last visit to our property. Since that time Hotel Danube has of course changed a lot and hopefully you will make the decision to visit us shortly. It will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I really loved this little hotel. The character really permeates throughout the whole establishment. The decor is rich throughout, very french, floral and charming. Take the tiny elevator to your stylish but small Paris room, but it's really enjoyable. My room had a view of the courtyard. The separate bathroom was quite spacious, plenty of room (better than I expected) and the room itself was good too - a little french-window view out. The room itself was well appointed and altogether very nice. Service here is very good - respectful, reliable and professional. I didn't eat here, I chose to get breakfast at the cafe to the right (near the corner) which was good - but don't let them fool you there, if they bring you food you didn't order tell them so! Location-wise, this hotel is easy to find from the metro and everything is easy to get to from here. It's in the heard of St Germain and ideal for a visit to Paris. The hotel is good and I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room than standard, the price won't break the budget - but the additional ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ali_Hawkins
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much indeed for your nice comments about Hotel Danube. We are glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable.

We simply look forward to welcoming you again during your next visit .

Best regards

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. I've read the most critical views (most of which are American), and I think that there is just a misunderstanding of what's available in an area like St Germain.
I would rather have a small room here than a large room anywhere else in Paris. And all of the hotels around here are small 'boutique' hotels where the decor can be a little idiosyncratic. Personally I like that individual feel,

This hotel is really in a great location. The staff are friendly and the facilities are fine. True, the room is a bit small and the shower is a bit erratic. But the wifi is free, there are Roger & Gallet accessories in the bathroom. The breakfast is simple but fine.

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank R0binsRule
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear guest,

My team and myself are all glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we do truly thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

I hope you will come back soon to visit us again and try one of our spacious rooms!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

During a girl's trip, a friend and I stayed here for three nights at the end of October. The location was great and the staff friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable, especially the bathroom. The double windows did a great job of blocking out the street noise. Our only real complaint would be the lack of lighting in the room. The lamps were very dim, and we literally used our cell phone flashlights to dig through our luggage in the evenings. Other than that, it was a lovely room and we were very pleased with it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We are all happy to see that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you again one day in the future.

Bedford, New Hampshire, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My mother and I traveled to Paris for a week-long vacation and stayed at this lovely little hotel just 5 minutes from the Louvre. The left bank location couldn't have been better, we had easy access to all of Paris. The hotel staff were wonderful, they helped us with restaurant recommendations, reservations and taxis, and were always welcoming and gracious. They even put up with my halting attempts to speak French, which took a lot of patience. The rooms were comfortable and quiet, breakfast was cozy and delicious and served by very friendly staff. The rates were very fair and reasonable, especially given the excellent location. I would happily recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 99Heather_S
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write and post these kind comments about Hotel Danube here on TripAdvisor and we are grateful for recommending our property.

My team and I are truly waiting to welcome you and your family again here at Hotel du Danube during your next visit to come.

With my warmest regards

Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is a great hotel for the money in a great location. Literally from the moment we arrived to when we left, the staff was quite friendly and always willing to offer suggestions. On more than one occasion we had either a walking or Metro route in mind, but wanted to confirm it with the person at the front desk. Thankfully, almost every time he had a better alternative that was more direct or more convenient.

As far as the room itself, we had a Comfort Room, which was plenty sufficient for our needs. We were out the door by 9:00 each morning we were in Paris and didn't get back to our room until at least 22:00 each night, so we didn't need a large, luxurious room. My only complaints, albeit minor ones, would be that (1) the shower should have a door and (2) the pillows were uncomfortable. The shower was in the corner of the bathroom and was bordered by walls on two sides and a third side was a frosted glass partition that extended almost to the ceiling and the. The fourth side was left open to the rest of the bathroom. This wasn't a problem with regards to privacy; rather, it was an effort to keep the shower water from spraying on the bathroom floor. The pillows were a little more of a disappointment as their discomfort affected our sleep. I understand pillows are a personal preference, so someone else might think the same pillows are perfect. We were able to make due, but they certainly left something to be desired.

Aside from maybe wanting to stay in a different part of the city the next time we visit, I would certainly put the Hotel du Danube on the short list of hotels to consider on our next visit to Paris.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RMIgolfer
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear guest,

It is really nice to read that you enjoyed your stay with us in Paris and hopefully my team and I will have the opportunity to welcome you again here at Hotel du Danube. Also we are deeply sorry for the inconveniences you mention but at the same time we do thank you for drawing them to our attention.

We look forward to welcome you as soon as possible!