“My favorite hotel--I wouldn't stay anywhere else”

Hotel du Danube St. Germain
Ranked #713 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I come to Paris often and have been staying at the Hotel du Danube for almost 27 years and cannot imagine staying any where else. Its location ion Rue Jacob s wonderful, right in the heart of St. Germain. Walk out the door and turn in any direction and you will come upon something wonderful about Paris, whether great shopping, good food, or museums. The D'Orsay, the Louvre and Notre Dame are all within easy walking distance. The hotel itself has an understated style and quiet dignity. Each room is individually and tastefully decorated, and the different size rooms also incorporate a range of budgets. The staff is unfailingly helpful and polite without ever being intrusive. The continental breakfast is always a perfect way to start a Parisian day.

Room Tip: Rooms look out either over Rue Jacob or onto a courtyard. The double set of windows on the Rue Jac...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Anne T
58DANUBE, Executive Manager at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Madam,

Wow, it is really nice to read such a fantastic review. Every single member of our staff and I are happy to hear that the service provided by Hotel du Danube has been highly appreciated during your different stays with us here in Paris.

Thank you for your kind comments and above all for being our frequent guest over the past 27 years!

With my warmest regards

There are newer reviews for Hotel du Danube St. Germain

Reviewed November 26, 2012

From the time we walked through the door the manager Michel and all the staff were kind, helpful and went out of their way to make sure we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We have been traveling to Paris for the last 20 years and once we discovered the Hotel du Danube have never thought of staying any where else. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the new addition of the small refrigerator in our room was a nice addition for our three week stay at the hotel. The location makes walking enjoyable and easy to reach all the sites love to visit.

Room Tip: We enjoy the court yard rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
58DANUBE, Executive Manager at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Madam,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. My team and I are truly thrilled to read that our property is your favorite one here in Paris in terms of quality and service and we are looking forward to your next visit to Paris!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

It is always a pleasure to come back to this hotel, quiet rooms, very comfortable beds, very clean, delightful staff - We've been coming twice/thrice yearly for over 10 years and have honestly no desire to go elsewhere! - Brilliantly situated for all the Left Bank and only a few hundred metres to the Louvre, Tuileries and the Orangerie - and still walkable, albeit a bit further to the Faubourg St Honore/ Place Vendome etc -
Just a really nice easy place to stay. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The comfort rooms are perfect for a couple and very well priced for the area, the superiors are extr...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SallyDee32
58DANUBE, Executive Manager at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

Wow, it is wonderful to read such a glowing review. I am very happy to know that you like our hotel, its location as well as its staff. I am also pleased to read that Hotel du Danube is your favorite one here in Paris. That is a fantastic compliment. We do our best to make our guests feel at home as possible.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and for recommending our property to others on Trip Advisor for which we are grateful.

Best regards

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is on the Rue Jacob; one of my favorite streets only 1 block from the bustling, famous Blvd. Saint Germain in the 6th arrondissement. I found the rooms to be decorated in a quaint, French motif with adequate room for two people. Very quiet. Staff was superb with perfect English. The only disappointment was the continental breakfast. For 12 euros one receives coffee/cream, fresh orange juice and a plate of 4 pastry items. I received 2 croissants and 2 viennoiseries (pastries). One can order additional items such as eggs and toast for a price. It is best to venture along the streets to a cute bistro.

Room Tip: Courtroom on the 4th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
58DANUBE, Executive Manager at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments and for taking the time to share your thoughts here on Trip Advisor.

I am overjoyed that you found my team to be superb and the guest rooms to be nice and well decorated. We are really proud of Hotel du Danube and it warms my heart to read your review for which we are grateful.

We do hope to welcome you again the next time you are in this part of the world.

Yours faithfully,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent five nights at this hotel in early October. Excellent neighborhood, close to everything and easy to access Metro. The hotel itself was very nice - they made a mistake when we checked in and sent us to a room which was more expensive than the one we had reserved. By the time they figured it out we will unpacked - so they gave us the room that night at the lower rate - which we appreciated. We then decided to stay and pay the additional rate for the remaining nights. The room (standard) which we had originally reserved would have been really small. My sister-in-law got that room and said while good for one person - pretty tight for two...Agree with other reviewers the cafe next door was wonderful - also a great food shop around the cornor where you could pick up snacks and a bottle of wine. Overall just a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

We are delighted that you chose to stay with us during your visit to Paris. We do thank you for your positive review and for sharing your "great experience" here on Trip Advisor..

I am truly thrilled to read that you liked our excellent location and you found Hotel du Danube to be very nice.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here for a week during fashion week. The shows were mainly at the Louvre and the Tuilleries, which is just a walk over the bridge to cross the Seine. It was a perfect location.
Right outside of the lobby was a great cafe if you didn't want room service and wanted to sit and feel like you were part of the scene.
The Saint Germaine area is full of great cafes and restaurants and so close to the Louvre and D'orsay museums.
The hotel is a great find in the middle of the city.

Room Tip: Their rooms run small, this is typical of Parisian hotel rooms, better to book a deluxe room for 2.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mklor
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on TripAdvisor. As you mentioned we are truly fortunate to be located in such a fabulous area within walking distance of the Louvre and close to the main attractions and sightseeing in Paris. I am very glad to read that you enjoyed the relaxing ambiance of Saint-Germain-des-Prés during your stay here with us.

My team and I are looking forward to your next visit!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I always expect the worst when I travel to Paris; but this hotel is quite OK. Excellent location, decent room size, relatively clean, nice little breakfast. My main complaint is with the bedding. All the pillows were stinky (read unwashed hair) and I had to buy febreeze to offset that. what about washing the pillows? Although the sheets were good quality, they were flanked with this old (and unwashed) comforter, why, do you really think we wont find out? Our mattress had a huge depression in the middle and was really-really old. But despite (these common) little things, the hotel is quite decent.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Rats-in-Paris
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to express your views here on TripAdvisor. We welcome all feedback from our guests as it helps us to improve our property in terms of quality, service and hospitality.

I am glad to read that you liked the location of Hotel du Danube, the size of your room and the breakfast. However, as for the issue you have highlighted, I would like you to contact me directly (msario@hoteldanube.fr) as I need to know which room you stayed in, so that I will look into this matter.

I hope that you will allow us to serve you better in the future.

Yours sincerely,