“Can't recommend it highly enough...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Artus Hotel by MH

Artus Hotel by MH
Ranked #100 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
London
“Can't recommend it highly enough...”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We found Hotel Artus on the Internet, having never stayed there before, and booked through their own website. The whole process was simple and our specific needs were dealt with promptly by their reception staff, by email.

The location is brilliant and Saint-Germain-des-Pres is a lovely area. The rooms were unusually spacious for Paris, well appointed, well decorated and spotlessly clean. The staff were helpful, polite and always smiling, which makes a difference. The hotel in general was tastefully decorated, yet modern and also spotless.

We didn't use the hotel bar or take breakfast, but I imagine they are of the same standard. We did use the WiFi, which is free and fast.

I would gladly stay there again and would happily recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Paris.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the ground floor, in the older part of the hotel. We heard a few noises from...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Fermatrix
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Artus Hotel by MH, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Fermatrix,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Artus Hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with our official website, our services and enjoyed your stay with us.

Your enthusiasm for our hotel and also for our employees is very much appreciated !

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Best regards from Paris,
Grégoire Berthelot - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Hebrew first
Paris, France
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed with my wife a couple of weeks ago at Artus hotel and truly had a very good stay!
we like the design, equipments are in very good conditions and the bed was of good quality. Rooms and bathroom are clean, the breakfast is very good as well.
Staff at the reception was very helpful in helping to book taxis, selecting good restaurants in Saint Germain des Pres. Oh, and the cocktail bar is comfortable and serves good cocktails: I do not always get proper Whisky Sour, but there the barmen makes them right!
And the hotel is perfectly located. perfectly! Footsteps from typical Saint Germain streets will all the animation you want when enjoying a few days in Paris.
I will deefinitely recommend this hotel if you want to discover Paris from a very central location, while getting personalized service and quality welcome

Room Tip: Get the dupleix suite! it is definitely worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeremy0782
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Artus Hotel by MH, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear Poco P,

I would like to thank you for your lovely review. I am pleased that, you were able to experience our special atmosphere.

Additionally I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding Playtime Cocktails, our great Cocktail bar. We work hard in order to ensure that the Artus Hotel has one of Paris best hotel and bar experiences.

Upon booking for your next stay with us please do not hesitate to contact me, I would be delighted to meet you.

Kind Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

We returned to the Artus after a break of two years. It was great to be back. Great location, great rooms, impeccably clean, and of course Sanjay, the Chief Concierge, who simply makes sure that it all happens as it should. Hopefully we will be back sooner this time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Artus Hotel by MH, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor ! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Artus Hotel.

Thank you for your enthusiasm towards the staff, I will certainly not fail to share your feed-back with them.

We truly hope to see you back soon. Until then, the entire team of the Artus Hotel joins me to wish you a very happy New Year 2014!

Kindest Regards,
Dana Point, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The rooms are well appointed, and typically sized for older European buildings. I had a view of Rue de Buci from my room, which was a nice bonus.

The staff are all very friendly and helpful, with recommendations and printed directions. But, the service star was Sanjay, the concierge. This trip for me was to enjoy the new fine dining of Paris. Sanjay was superb. We began communicating by e-mail in early December, and he gave me several recommendations and their web links. This allowed me to do Yelp and Google reviews to help with my choices.
When I arrived in December 27th, Sanjay welcomed me by name, never having met me before. During my stay we finalized my dining choices and Sanjay had reservations for me at all of my choices. What a difference that made! While I got seated immediately, people off the street had to wait to get seated, often waiting out in the cold for an hour or more.
The bed. Though I received a queen sized, it was two twins pushed together. So in the middle of the night I wound up sinking in a widening crack.
Dining, shopping and people watching. Near the Louvre, Notre Dam and the Latin Quarter - Paris!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear TravelDude949,

Thank you so much for this lovely review on TripAdvisor.

Even before guests' arrivals we start a relevant work for you to have a pleasant stay at the Artus Hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed your time with us !

Please contact us directly for your next trip in Paris that would be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Kindest Regards,
Plano, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I absolutely loved this hotel. The rooms were well appointed and spacious by European standards. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location and central to so many things. Lots of great cafés in the vicinity and close to great shopping. But the true gem was Sanjay who is the head concierge. He was so helpful, had great suggestions and was always waiting with a greeting and a smile. If you get a chance book a massage on site. I don't remember the young lady's name but she was great!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Velkins,

We are delighted to hear that you had a memorable time among us. We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Artus Hotel and we wish you a lovely New Year 2014 !

Kindest regards,
australia
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Great location, recently renovated rooms but it's Sanjay the concierge that makes this hotel an amazing choice for Paris. We stayed in the second level priced rooms which were small but very functional and ours had a bath tub which was a bonus at the end of a winter's day. We didn't have breakfast included but a Paul's bakery with a dining area is across the street. The hotel will be even nicer after the lobby has the planned renovation soon.
Sanjay has recently won an award marking him as a leader in his field of work. Congratulations and obviously well deserved!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Travelbugalug
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Artus Hotel by MH, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Travelbugalug,

Thank you very much for your nice comment about your stay. It is a real pleasure to read that you appreciated the quality of service delivered by our team during all your stay.

We will share your very nice comment with all our teams and will be more than happy to welcome you back during your next Parisian getaway!

Best Regards,
Romain Binet - General Manager
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I stayed in Artus Hotel in December 2013 to celebrate my birthday. First of all the Hotel is in a perfect location in St. Germain. Our room was spotless,the staff was perfect in everyway. Last but not least there is Sanjay the head concierge. When I am in Paris I will only eat in places he recommends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Serdar E
Hotels_MHurand, Directeur général at Artus Hotel by MH, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Serdar,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

We are happy that you enjoyed the service at the Artus Hotel, we are happy and proud to provide the best service to our guests.

Looking forward to welcome yo back on your next Anniversary ;-) !

Romain Binet - General Manager