I stayed here for 2 nights with my husband while in Paris. Check in was slow...the guy who checked us in decided that half way through our check in he would try to organise a taxi. No idea who for (we were the only people in the lobby).....he was talking to us and then talking on speaker phone. Very frustrating!!
We were given a room right next to the elevator, which i wasn't so happy about. We asked to change and it was not a problem. We were given a room on a higher floor which looked into a small central courtyard.
If you are a light sleeper then it might be worth asking for a similar room. The front rooms are nice and look onto the street, but this area gets quite busy in the evenings with lots of people so it can be quite noisy.
Our room was big for Paris standards. I wouldn't say it was super clean (in particular the bathroom) The bathroom was in need of an update, and it wasn't so nice that the curtain rod kept falling off the window, especially when i was in the shower!
We didn't have breakfast at the hotel. There were so many other options for breakfast within walking distance of hotel. You can try Paul, Smiths, and a cute little place almost next door which is called
Francart Maison Gourmet. Lovely little sandwiches, cakes and even a take out option with lots of salads.
Beds were not super comfortable but okay. It was the fact that they were so short. Do the people who choose the length of the beds ever sleep in them?? I am 170cms tall (which is not that tall) and my feet hung over the edge.
A great location. Close to the metro station and within walking distance to The Louvre and several other things.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WELCOME TO THE HOTEL DAUPHINE SAINT GERMAIN (LEFT BANK)The hotel provides a warm, friendly welcome and attentive personal service in a charming and authentically Parisian atmosphere, guaranteeing you will enjoy a memorable stay with us.The unequalled charm of Saint-Germain-des-Prés springs from the association of culture and savoir-faire: you must see for yourself the slightly leaning stone buildings, the narrow streets with their flowered balconies, the gourmet shops and specialty bookstores, the famous cafés with their large terraces (Le Flore, Les Deux Magots). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Dauphine Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dauphine Saint Germain Hotel
- Dauphine Saint Germain Paris