“Lovely Romantic Stay”

Ranked #173 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Houston, Texas
“Lovely Romantic Stay”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our recent 4 night stay at Grand Hotel Saint-Michel! From the morning staff that kindly greeted us upon our arrival, to the fantastic centric location, and the helpful evening staff. We arrived in an early morning flight and the staff was kind enough to have our beautiful room ready for an early check-in.The rooms, as most in Paris, was a bit on the smaller side, but absolutely PERFECT for a couple with a spacious closet and an in room safe. The decor was beautiful, modern and fresh, and so were the bathrooms which included Hermes toiletries and a very spacious bathtub/shower. We loved the contemporary and well thought style of the rooms, and best of all, our room on the 5th floor, had a fantastic small balcony from which we could see the Sorbonne and sights of Paris! This was a lovely highlight!

The beds were one of the very best we have slept in in during all of our travels. Super comfortable as were the pillows. Wish my mattress at home was that restful to sleep in! Big plus! The Hotel is very centrally located with a metro station just a short 2-3 minutes away, and plenty of attractions to reach by foot, which is truly the best way to visit Paris! Jardin du Luxembourg, The Latin quarter, Pantheon, Notre Dame, Pont des Arts, Montparnasse, Sorbonne, Orsay all within a short walk or less than 25 min walk.

We did not get to try the breakfast as we had breakfast around the city, but did order cafe, orange juice and tea one morning which was brought to us just at the time we had asked for, and was beautifully presented. There are plenty of great cafes and bistros in the area, both down Saint Michele Boulevard and heading toward the Montparnasse area.

The hotel went out of their way to let us use a converter when the one we had brought from home failed to work. Wi-Fi was useful but at times a bit slow, which was not a big deal for us. For those arriving at CDG, if your do not have too much luggage, or you can handle your luggage by short walk and a few steps, the hotel is VERY easily accessible through the RER (get of at Luxembourg and walk about 2 and a half blocks - we did that).

We truly enjoyed our stay here and hope we can visit Grand Hotel Saint Michel again in the future!!! Highly recommend it to anyone considering a stay, specially couples looking for a romantic getaway! Thank you to all the helpful staff that tended to us our during our stay! From directions provided, to recommendations, arranging for a cab to Gare du Lyon, to greeting us with a smile every time you saw us... We only wish we have had more days to enjoy!

Room Tip: Request a room on the 5th floor with a balcony, lovely view! Rooms are quiet and you have the option...
2 Thank MaritereCR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, friendly staff and a great location (though absolutely no parking to be found if you have a car). Walking distance to busy pubs and cafés and Starbucks IF you so desire,
The Main Street (Saint Michel I think ) is bustling but the sound doesn't carry into your bright and cheery room,

Stayed March 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 7, 2014

we loved this hotel - my husband and i are used to larger scale hotels with more amenities, but the charm, cleanliness, staff and location made this a superb experience. The staff were excellent and the rooms lovely, clean and well appointed. we loved it and would highly recommend it as one of the most convenient locations in Paris, close to everything but tucked away on a quiet street in a safe and lovely area near the Pantheon and steps from the latin quarter action.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
marie p, Responsable relations clients at Grand Hotel Saint-Michel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Mrs Kathy,

We are extremely happy to be part of some of the nice moments you have spent in Paris.
We are indeed perfectly located in the latin quarter, close to shops, restaurants and cafés, metro lines, momuments etc.. but still in a quiet street.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your time in Paris and especially at the Grand Hotel St Michel.

Best Regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel shows to be a good option in the Saint Michel area, where my husband and I use to stay when visiting Paris for work and/or pleasure.

Every time we stay in a different hotel in this neighborhood, in order to discover the best one for us. It´s still not that one, but the hotel is a good option in that area.
It´s very close to the Pantheon, the La Sorbonne University and square and the Luxembourg gardens. So it has a great location, not to mention all the cozy and charming restaurants in the small streets around the Pantheon.

But the hotel has good service with nice and effective staff. The place is well clean and the breakfast is not great, but good enough, if compared with the hotels around the same area.

Its decoration can be seen a bit like a night club (our room had quite a lot of red and black) and the major problem is the size of the room, which is quite small. However, surprisingly the elevator has a good size, differently of many hotels in Paris, where only 2 people (sometimes without luggage) will fit. Also the bathroom has a good size and a wonderful big shower.

All in all, the hotel is a good option on that area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuPereira
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived via train too late and too tired to find a restaurant. Patrick, on night duty, ordered pizza for us, then went to the kitchen and brought up plates, napkins, and eating utensils. He was very warm and friendly the entire time. Another staff member was very helpful in helping us print out tickets to a museum. Then our son-in-law left his i-pad in the room after checking out, and this same staff member located it and returned it to us. I am so sorry that I did not get his name, but all staff were so supportive and friendly. The room was small but well appointed with towels, shampoo, robes, slippers, etc. and was very clean. They also advised us as to reserving the shuttle to the airport; they were just extremely helpful and pleasant. We would all recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a double closet. Ours was a single and provided very little room for hanging tw...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I booked this hotel based on previous great Trip Advisor comments. I was not disappointed. I stayed three nights and my experience exceeded my expectations. When I arrived at 11:00 am (much prior to the 2:00pm check-in time), I was welcome by the reception staff and was offered coffee in the restaurant while I was waiting for my room to be ready. The room was ready at noon.

The hotel is very modern and must have been renovated recently. I had a classique room which I found perfect for me being solo. The bed (a queen size) was very comfortable. The room had a safe and a nice-sized desk. The bathroom had a good working shower and was comfortable.

The buffet breakfast was very good with a great variety of food. I go for the healthy stuff so I had the yogurt, eggs, fresh fruit and nuts. I also treated myself to their very fresh French bread. They also had ham, cereals, bakery and other good stuff.

They have a small fitness room with a treadmill, elliptical, bicycle and hammam. One needs to book it in advance, so one is out of luck if it's already reserved

They booked me on a shuttle to CDG airport for 26 Euros, which didn't take much longer than a cab ride that would have cost over 60 euros.

All the staff I interacted with was very friendly.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Daniel R

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel R
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel was furnished to a very high standard and although the rooms are fairly compact, they are extremely comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent, very close to the Metro with direct links to CDG airport and only a short walk from Notre Dame and the river. I would recommend the hotel to any couples looking for a short stay in the centre of Paris.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Jasper P