“Lovely hotel and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grand Hotel Saint-Michel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Grand Hotel Saint-Michel
Ranked #158 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Nice rooms, friendly staff and a great location (though absolutely no parking to be found if you have a car). Walking distance to busy pubs and cafés and Starbucks IF you so desire,
The Main Street (Saint Michel I think ) is bustling but the sound doesn't carry into your bright and cheery room,

Stayed March 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

we loved this hotel - my husband and i are used to larger scale hotels with more amenities, but the charm, cleanliness, staff and location made this a superb experience. The staff were excellent and the rooms lovely, clean and well appointed. we loved it and would highly recommend it as one of the most convenient locations in Paris, close to everything but tucked away on a quiet street in a safe and lovely area near the Pantheon and steps from the latin quarter action.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
marie p, Responsable relations clients at Grand Hotel Saint-Michel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Mrs Kathy,

We are extremely happy to be part of some of the nice moments you have spent in Paris.
We are indeed perfectly located in the latin quarter, close to shops, restaurants and cafés, metro lines, momuments etc.. but still in a quiet street.

We are really happy that you enjoyed your time in Paris and especially at the Grand Hotel St Michel.

Best Regards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This hotel shows to be a good option in the Saint Michel area, where my husband and I use to stay when visiting Paris for work and/or pleasure.

Every time we stay in a different hotel in this neighborhood, in order to discover the best one for us. It´s still not that one, but the hotel is a good option in that area.
It´s very close to the Pantheon, the La Sorbonne University and square and the Luxembourg gardens. So it has a great location, not to mention all the cozy and charming restaurants in the small streets around the Pantheon.

But the hotel has good service with nice and effective staff. The place is well clean and the breakfast is not great, but good enough, if compared with the hotels around the same area.

Its decoration can be seen a bit like a night club (our room had quite a lot of red and black) and the major problem is the size of the room, which is quite small. However, surprisingly the elevator has a good size, differently of many hotels in Paris, where only 2 people (sometimes without luggage) will fit. Also the bathroom has a good size and a wonderful big shower.

All in all, the hotel is a good option on that area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuPereira
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

We arrived via train too late and too tired to find a restaurant. Patrick, on night duty, ordered pizza for us, then went to the kitchen and brought up plates, napkins, and eating utensils. He was very warm and friendly the entire time. Another staff member was very helpful in helping us print out tickets to a museum. Then our son-in-law left his i-pad in the room after checking out, and this same staff member located it and returned it to us. I am so sorry that I did not get his name, but all staff were so supportive and friendly. The room was small but well appointed with towels, shampoo, robes, slippers, etc. and was very clean. They also advised us as to reserving the shuttle to the airport; they were just extremely helpful and pleasant. We would all recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a double closet. Ours was a single and provided very little room for hanging tw...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I booked this hotel based on previous great Trip Advisor comments. I was not disappointed. I stayed three nights and my experience exceeded my expectations. When I arrived at 11:00 am (much prior to the 2:00pm check-in time), I was welcome by the reception staff and was offered coffee in the restaurant while I was waiting for my room to be ready. The room was ready at noon.

The hotel is very modern and must have been renovated recently. I had a classique room which I found perfect for me being solo. The bed (a queen size) was very comfortable. The room had a safe and a nice-sized desk. The bathroom had a good working shower and was comfortable.

The buffet breakfast was very good with a great variety of food. I go for the healthy stuff so I had the yogurt, eggs, fresh fruit and nuts. I also treated myself to their very fresh French bread. They also had ham, cereals, bakery and other good stuff.

They have a small fitness room with a treadmill, elliptical, bicycle and hammam. One needs to book it in advance, so one is out of luck if it's already reserved

They booked me on a shuttle to CDG airport for 26 Euros, which didn't take much longer than a cab ride that would have cost over 60 euros.

All the staff I interacted with was very friendly.

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Daniel R

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Daniel R
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel was furnished to a very high standard and although the rooms are fairly compact, they are extremely comfortable. The location of the hotel is excellent, very close to the Metro with direct links to CDG airport and only a short walk from Notre Dame and the river. I would recommend the hotel to any couples looking for a short stay in the centre of Paris.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Jasper P
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

Went to GHSM in late January and had a great stay. Was traveling with my family (1 baby, under 2 yo). Hotel staff was very helpful in terms of getting us warm milk and water for the wee man. The room was very efficient, clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business