“Loved this place!”

Elysees Mermoz Hotel
Ranked #136 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Can't rate this hotel highly enough in all aspects - service, location, decor, staff and price were all excellent for us. Patricia gave us complimentary champagne on arrival for our honeymoon, made sure we had the best available room in the hotel, and generally looked after us extremely well throughout our stay. Breakfast was perhaps a little underwhelming but the service was still great. Overall, would recommend this hotel very highly indeed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Olivier B, Propriétaire at Elysees Mermoz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2016

Dear YounfUnprofessionals,

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience and for your very positive feeback. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.

There are newer reviews for Elysees Mermoz Hotel

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Central to everything, we are not young but managed to walk to the Eiffel Tower from our hotel, it is in quiet, safe street, police on our corner 24/7 as something/or someone important near by. Helpful, friendly staff who speak English. Great breakfast till quite late. Very attractive decor thanks to the Director of the hotel and his Art program. Room was spacious and very quiet, we faced the street but heard no noise as they have double glazed windows. Could not fault this great place.

Room Tip: We had the most economical room and it was perfect for two. Maybe pricey but I researched many plac...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Satified10,

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed recently with two children, and was very pleased. The location was fantastic, near two metro stations. There were loads of shops and restaurants nearby and could walk to many tourist attractions also. The room was modern, clean and spacious and the staff could not have been more helpful. Hope to return soon!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sara M

Dear Sara M,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Hôtel Elysées Mermoz is very close to Champs Elysées. Is a wonderful hotel with a great staff. My family ( couple with 2 kids) liked a lot the room, clean, very well decorated and quiet. I really recommend it for everyone with kids.

Room Tip: The junior suite is the best option for couples with kids. It has 2 ambient with a sliding door. Has...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Elysees_Mermoz, Responsable relations clients at Elysees Mermoz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Dear Jefflrib,

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience and for your very positive feeback about our perfect location near the Champs-Elysées. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Great hotel and location! Would definitely stay there again.

Pros:
Good size room
Clean
Comfortable bed
Great staff: very helpful and friendly
Great toiletries!
Quiet - no screaming kids or loud talking in corridors

Cons:
Bedroom lighting quite dim
No mirror in the bedroom

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sairah79

Dear DXB2GB,

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your experience and for your very positive feeback the size of our rooms. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed in this hotel for one night in July 2012. I booked over the phone. Because it was fashion week, most hotels were full. I was told that the only room available was one on the ground floor room. I was worried about the noise in a ground floor room but the receptionist assured me that the street was quiet and so was the room. I am afraid to say that it was not quiet at all...

First of all the room is located just by the entrance, after a mecanical glass door. From the room, when it is quiet (i.e. no TV on) you can hear the door open and close with each guest entering the hotel. The room is also not far from the reception. In the morning, from 6.30-7am untill 12pm you can hear people checking out with the receptionist. Needless to say that it woke me up very early in the morning and this is very annoying as I needed to rest and could not do it.

I wrote a complaint letter to the hotel and asked for a refund and what was presented to me was not what I got (a quiet room and I got a very noisy room). The refund request was declined. They argue that some people like these rooms. In the reply, it was also mentioned that these rooms are for disabled people. While I appreciate that, I do not agree that the reception was entirely honest when they described the room to me. I thought that the room on the ground floor was at the back of the hotel, where it would have been much quieter - far away from the street and the reception.

My advice if you still want to book this hotel would be to avoid the room 010 and 100 at any cost if you want a good night sleep. This is quite a pity as the rest of the hotel looks nice and got refurbished recently. That said, I would not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel. It was one of the worse night in a hotel ever and I travel a lot for business and leisure. I had better night sleep in 2 star and 3 star hotel for a fraction of the cost I paid here...

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms (010 and 100)
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank LeVoyageurdeLondres
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Dear guest,

I am very sorry that you had a bad night sleep and that you were disappointed with the room.

As a matter of fact, we have designed the two rooms at the ground floor for disable people in wheelchairs. They are concequently larger than the other Deluxe rooms on the other floors and the bathroom are especially extra large.

The room you were in was our last room available that night, and the price was the standard rate in high season, in line with the market rate in the same hotel category. It is actually a room on the groung floor next to the hotel entrance and I fully understand that some people might not like it. I have asked the receptionist who sold the room to you on the phone and she said she described the location of the room as she does every day. It is also true that some of our frequent returning guests ask specificly to stay in one of the two rooms at the groung floor, because of their size and because it is easier to come in and out of the hotel.

I am glad that you liked the hotel apart from the issue with this specific room.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights last week.
It was our first time to the city and we loved it. The hotel location was EXcellent! 1 mins walk to the Champs but not on a busy road. There are lovely shops around the area incl bakeries, bars, cafes and all the top designer shops in France.
The room we had was on the top floor and the view was very nice ( traditional old buildings).It wasnt the largest of rooms but the whole style of living in Paris is about not much space for things or people.We had a couple large suitcases and found they wouldnt pack away anywhere so left them on the floor.
The staff were very helpful and friendly and also lent us a charger for the wall as we forgot ours.WIFI was free and we had a few devices (phones etc) and they all connected easily and was pretty fast.
We did NOT eat here so we cant comment on the food but did go and look around the small resteruant and it looked nice.Although they only serve Petit Dejouner (breakfast).
All up I would recommend this hotel it was clean, friendly and in a great spot.

P.S- I wouldnt eat on the Champs itself the bars and cafes in the back streets are half the price and more locals eat there, especially the pattiserrie on the corner of Mermoz (think it was called gout).

Will return one day.

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a view when booking and had the top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smorgs100

On behalf of the Hotel Elysees Mermoz staff, I wish to thank you for sharing your "Excellent" experience, for your very positive feeback about our service and our perfect location near the Champs-Elysées. For your next stay, let us advise you to book directly on our official website, and fill up "TRIPVIP" in the Promo code box. You will be guaranted the lowest rate of the market (lower than Booking or Expedia!) and we will create for you our loyalty programme member card. This card gives you one night free of charge in a Deluxe room after 10 nights spend with us (and booked directly with us). We hope to welcome you again soon at the Elysees Mermoz Hotel.