Just gorgeous. We stayed for a week from 26Dec13-3Jan14 and it was a perfect base for Paris. You couldn't ask for more accommodating staff, particularly Morgan, our 6yr old took quite a shine to her and so did we. All speak English well. Free Wifi. Breakfast was cheap to include each day and had enough variety to satisfy. An endless supply of restaurants close by made each night easy. We regularly walked to Saint Germain / Saint Sulpice as we had friends there and it was such a pleasant and safe stroll both day and night. Close to 2 metro stops it made getting around Paris so simple (including the RER lines to airport and Disneyland) and the train system there is so easy and reliable. Galleries Lafayette was only a few minutes walk (not the flagship store) but we just loved all the little shops around the streets. The room was lovely, quaint and kept very clean. Beds and linen very comfortable and loved the heated towel racks particularly in the winter. The safe was handy to store valuables and plenty of hanging space for clothes. So quiet, you wouldn't know we were right in the heart of the action just one street away. A coin laundrette literally 30 seconds away with a Starbucks across the road to have a drink whilst you wait. We will definitely be back. Taxi had a little trouble finding the place, be strict with them and stick with the actual address, it is definitely there, don't let them tell you any different, there is a Starbucks on the corner to the Rue Jules-chaplain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying between Saint Germain des Pres, the Luxembourg Gardens and Montparnasse, the Hotel Chaplain is immersed in a multifaceted whirl of culture and art. Writers, painters, sculptors and musicians have given this district its unusual character. Surf the Internet at your leisure, enjoy your choice of drink or be swept away by a good book in one of our twenty five air-conditioned rooms, in our lounge with its library or in our inner courtyard. Each room greets you with a depiction of a unique smile, surrounded by sober, contemporary decor. Our rooms offer a full range of amenities to ensure your comfort (Wi-Fi, Internet, flat-screen TV, domestic and international channels). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Chaplain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaplain Rive Gauche Paris
- Chaplain Rive Gauche Hotel