What a gem, this hotel! All the positive feedback is true. The hotel is situated in the heart of St. Germain des Pres, a stone's throw away from Jardins Luxembourg, and within 30 seconds of the Metro (line 4). It's on a quiet street, yet near the main boulevards, so you have the benefit of being central, without the downside of constant car noise.
The hotel is small, with a nice little lobby and a small reception desk. Everything looks new and tidy, but definitely with character. The staff is very friendly, speak good English, and are quite helpful. We stayed in room 52, which is on the top floor and is the only room that has a seriously big balcony overlooking the street below and the surrounding skyline (the hotel is just a bit taller than the surrounding buildings, so you get a fairly unobstructed view while on the balcony).
The room (their basic room) was quite small, but definitely enough for two people to share. The decor was tasteful and provided a sense of character. The pens and stationary said "Smile, you're in Paris" which was a nice touch. The shower and the bathroom were great and modern, and provided an independent access to the balcony. The min bar was free, and provided basic non-alcoholic drinks, like water, orange juice and Pepsi. Also useful to store a few items that we bought to eat on the balcony.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. They went out of their way to make the trip pleasant. No rude knocks on the door to clean the room (waited for us to leave). Extended check out, on request. Called venues to see if there were tickets available. And, obviously, put us up in that room. You can't beat this boutique! And the price was very reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lying between Saint Germain des Pres, the Luxembourg Gardens and Montparnasse, the Hotel Chaplain is immersed in a multifaceted whirl of culture and art. Writers, painters, sculptors and musicians have given this district its unusual character. Surf the Internet at your leisure, enjoy your choice of drink or be swept away by a good book in one of our twenty five air-conditioned rooms, in our lounge with its library or in our inner courtyard. Each room greets you with a depiction of a unique smile, surrounded by sober, contemporary decor. Our rooms offer a full range of amenities to ensure your comfort (Wi-Fi, Internet, flat-screen TV, domestic and international channels). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel Chaplain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaplain Rive Gauche Paris
- Chaplain Rive Gauche Hotel