“Will stay here again”

Ranked #731 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Will stay here again”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was an excellent hotel. The service was warm and very helpful. Although I spoke with the staff in French, I did note, repeatedly, that the staff was quite fluent in English. My wife had a hip injury and they were willing repeatedly to boil water for a hot water bottle to use on her hip. That's great service! Furthermore, the location is excellent -- right near two metro stops going on two different lines, in a great neighborhood. One can easily walk to the Seine from this hotel, as well as to good, reasonably priced places for dinner (French, American, Indian, Vietnamese, etc.). (The Indian restaurant on rue Descartes was excellent.) The only drawback to note was that the rooms are quite small -- we rented a triple, and it was a tight fit. (The only reason I don't give a "5" rating is the smallness of our triple.) That being said, when we are back in Paris, we'll stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Familia Hotel was terrific and I definitely recommend it. The staff could not have been more helpful with directions, arranging airport transportation, etc. The room was very good (albeit small/tight on space). The location was very convenient and we walked to many places. A metro stop (Cardinal Lemoine) is just around the corner. Breakfast was lovely.....coffee, juice, and breads. I would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Familia on July 25th, and were very pleased with the hotel, the location and the room. Olivia at reception offered us the choice of two rooms, and we opted for room 21 with a balcony overlooking Rue des Ecoles...such a treat! The room was small, but that's typical for a small, European hotel. The compact bathroom was very clean with a great shower, and best of all the room was air conditioned.....very hot in Paris while we were there. Lovely breakfast room and breakfast for 7 Euros each, delicious croissants, baguette, coffee, juice. Lots of restaurants, bakeries and shops within easy walking distance, and a city bus just up the block will take you all the way to within a couple of blocks from the Eiffel Tower. We would stay at the Familia again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mssusan1
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a very small hotel, with no substantial lobby, but friendly staff and very adequate rooms. I had one of the smallest (one person) and it was typically cramped around the bed, but the bathroom was laid out beautifully with very new marble tile and excellent space. The personal touches from the family hotel (like paintings on the walls that were just outside my window, and nice framed paintings in the room) made it agreat choice for my meeting at the College de France. The location fo this hotel is great for sightseeing - easy block or two from the Cluny, Notre Dame, and at least one metro staqtion. The price was excellent. I believe the larger rooms, especially those on the top floor with balconies, would be an amazing deal. Breakfast was very average and I found it a better deal to have a coffee and a croissant in a bistro. The free wifi was very dependable. THE BEST PART, WAS the Piscine Pontoise only about two blocks away. this is a very large, wonderful, indoor public pool. The hours were extensvie and included night swims where, for 10.5 Euro you could use the sauna and fitness center. I only swam, on Saturday and Sunday, for 4.5 Euro. If you do not have a bathing cap or goggles, you can buy them at the pool from a vending machine pool-side. What a treat! Also, the staff will put your wine or beer in their refrigerator, and do have wine and beer glasses available from the desk. I learned this late in the stay.

Room Tip: The upper rooms probably have views of Notre Dame if they are on the front side of the hotel, there...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mwood103
California
Reviewed July 10, 2013

First, the good things about the Familia:
- The people are friendly and very helpful.
- The location is very good; a short walk to the Iles.
- Our room had a lovely balcony. We'd sit out on it, sipping calvados.

The bad things:
- Our room was tiny; a continual challenge. And we're used to small rooms...
- Breakfasts were protein-free.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th floor, on the street side. The balcony will help make up for the discomfort of the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank eclipsoid
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We found Michael in reception to be very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and we loved our room with balcony. The hotel was very well located, with several great food markets nearby. The hotel had no objections to our bringing some of our interesting finds back to our rooms for supper.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are a bonus.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week on my own and had no problems. It's in a great location and the staff are very helpful and friendly. It's small like any other hotel in Europe. But it was good value. I would have loved a window with a view and refrigerator. Since its old style, they had a strange pillow roll on the bed so I asked for a 'modern' pillow and it was no problem. I had to clear some hairs from the bed and blanket on my arrival but I assume everything had been washed. The housekeeper upkept the room each day very well. There is a nice communal room downstairs with a bright window to the street, you can read or use the wifi here, or open your own bottle of wine. Wifi also works in the room.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo