“The Managers, Catherine and Sepp Wehrle, took 200 Euro for free”
Review of New Orient Hotel

New Orient Hotel
Ranked #252 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Israel
“The Managers, Catherine and Sepp Wehrle, took 200 Euro for free”
Reviewed May 18, 2007

On Match this year, I planed a visit to Paris on May and I was searching the web for a hotel that matches my needs and found this hotel and two others. I made a reservation in New Orient hotel as my first choice. Being sure with my choose I let them took 200 Euro from my Visa Card.

A week latter I decided to change the hotel and made a new reservation in one of the two other hotels and of course canceled my reservation in New Orient hotel.

I of course asked for my money back. Nevertheless the owners refused to give it back even though i was visiting there place twice during my visit in May and asked it face to face.

Remember, all that was happened a month before my arrival and therefore no harm was made to the hotel by my cancellation.

What should I do to bring my money back?

Stayed May 2007
15 Thank DannyIsrael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
uk
Reviewed April 12, 2007

This was our second stay at the Hotel New Orient - we returned at the request of our two teenage children who loved it and the area the first time. The rooms are basic but spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We stayed in a family room with two double beds and bath/shower. As we booked late and arrived on Easter Sunday we had to have two rooms for our first night and then change room. This was straightforward as the staff moved all our bags while we were out for the day. The rooms were at the back of the hotel and whilst OK were not as nice as the ones at the front. They also only had showers and it is really nice being able to have a bath after a heavy days sight seeing!

• Liked — Clean comfortable accommodation
  • Disliked — Choice of restaurants wasn't great as many closed on holiday weekend as in residential rather than tourist area
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank janny1
Pottstown, PA
Reviewed March 20, 2007

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for - tourist class hotel with quaint rooms, comfortable lobby and a local flavor. Don't be surprised by the lack of drawer space in the rooms, but the ample sized armoire gave us plenty of room. The rooms have newer windows that almost completely block any street noise. The bathroom was small but clean and nice with fantastic new shower heads (that were better than in some American 4 star hotels I have been in). Nearby conveniences include a grocery store across the street, laundry mat, liquor store, plenty of cafes (we particulary liked the Cafe Monceau) and the Villiers Metro stop with access to two lines just a couple blocks away. A pleasant surprise was the market street on Rue de Levis a few blocks away. Fruit, vegetable, meat and exotic food vendors are mixed in with WONDERFUL clothing stores, bakeries, etc. We didn't see many tourists in this area - just tons of locals doing their shopping. The general neighborhood was pleasant, clean, and not touristy at all. The staff at the hotel was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and making reservations for us. I highly recommend this hotel and will surely return on my next trip.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No drawers
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
2 Thank ameslouise
NY
Reviewed November 9, 2006

Hotel New orient is in a terrific location. The hotel staff was very ,very,very nice and helpful. The room was clean and quiet.The bathroom was very nice too.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a great hotel,at a great price in a great location.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No restaurant
  • Tips/Secrets — Reserve a room facing the back
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BBPlump
London
Reviewed October 4, 2006

I've stayed at this hotel several times and have always been happy with it. The rooms are fairly spacious and very clean. The area is safe and there are a lot of cafes and restaurants to choose from. The metro (villiers) is just a few minutes away. The staff has always been very friendly and always remembered me. I dont recommend paying extra for the breakfast as there are many nearby cafes to choose from; and a bakery on the corner if you'd just like something quick. I highly recommend this hotel but be sure to book early during busy times as it fills up quickly.

• Liked — The rooms are very comfortable and clean. Area is safe and nice for relaxing.
  • Disliked — The breakfast (the coffee was horrible)
  • Tips/Secrets — book early during busy times such as fashion week or holidays
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled with friends
4 Thank sa86
Germany
Reviewed September 24, 2006

The Hotel New Orient was a delight. Two adult couples were on the trip and we had not stayed there in the past. The rooms were clean, decorated beautifully, and had balconies with abundant flower boxes. The staff were delightful! Directions to local restaurants were great as well as city sites. They often gave us better ideas than the ones we had planned. The location is close (less than 5 minute walk) to two metro stations and also close to a major train station (the one that goes to Versailles). Several good bistros are close by as well as bakeries. A nice grocery store is directly across the street where you can get snacks and water. Breakfast is availabe for 10 euro if you tell them the night before. But there are little cafes close by that serve a better breakfast for less money. I loved the hotel and the owners and their staff. We will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Wonderful staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — A true delight with a great location.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
5 Thank katyjane
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 11, 2006

We loved this hotel. It was wonderfully located near three metro stops and metres away from the market in Rue de Levi, offering all you would expect in French gourmet delights.
The room and bathroom were small as expected but clean,tidy & quiet. We had a little balcony to stand on and enjoy the typically parisien street below. The owners were a delight. They spoke English fluently and the desk was manned 24hours. They gave exceptional service even finding bike hire shops for us (and calling them) & booking resturants for us in French so we wouldn't miss out, drawing us maps etc. We will definately return to this hotel.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member