“Great hotel, convenient location.”
Review of New Orient Hotel

New Orient Hotel
Ranked #272 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Paris
“Great hotel, convenient location.”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

New Orient is a very nice hotel. It is conveniently located. The rooms are clean and nicely furnished. Staff is very helpful and polite.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
australia
Reviewed July 8, 2010

lift was a little scary to negotiate with suitcase, due to the spiral staircase you had to step behind or down stair to open the lift door..lovely bakery on same street going to Villers station. Hotel staff were very helpful. rooms very clean Lovely tiny balcony so you could open the door for fresh air. Air con very quiet and lovely comfortable bed. Good location and reasonable price.

Melbourne
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The "New Orient Hotel" was "perfect" for our first trip to Paris. Being the first time to Europe for that matter I really did not know what to expect from this establishment, but after staying there for four nights and as evidenced from the positive feedback I provided it was just that PERFECT!!

The location of the hotel with close proximity to the Metro (Villiers Station), many surrounding restaurants, a grocery/convenience store across the street, bakeries galore and a well fitted out laundrette across the street and a couple of stores down made for a perfect stay.

Before I go any further I really should mention how friendly the staff were and how they were really there to help me and my partner in our stay at Paris. Unable to speak French there really wasn't a language barrier at all as we could communicate with them in English.

The room we stayed in was a Superior Twin Room as all the double rooms had been booked out. But because we were on a budget and bookings were made very last minute, Micheline was able to speak to the owners who were happy to offer me the Superior Twin Room at the same price of the Double Room for the four nights. They also arranged for the two beds to be joined together for us as well.

On arrival after our train ride from Amsterdam we were glad to make it to our accomodation. But on opening the door to our room we were presented with our own little bit of Paris. Honestly I was surprised by the size of the room, the fitout and cleanliness of it. I don't know how the star rating works in Paris but this was nothing like what I would expect from a two star hotel. The accomodation I would say personally was four stars, maybe it's things like room service which aren't provided which make it a two star, but when you're in Paris who needs room service.

I could go on forever about how good this place is but I won't as I'll leave you to find out for yourselves. I know one thing however and that is when I come to Paris next I'll definitely be staying at the New Orient Hotel and I'll be recommending my friends do as well.

Berlin
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The New Orient hotel is situated in a neighborhood where traditionally music instrument makers reside. Next to the hotel are violin makers, trombone dealers and repair shops, etc. The neighborhood is almost ideally located behind the St. Lazare station, surprisingly close on one side to the old opera house and the grands boulevards with the famous department stores, and on the other to the Champs Elysées. The hotel has recently been renovated. The rooms are quiet with air conditioning and not as small as one expects in two star Paris hotels. The room rates are reasonable, and the atmosphere in the hotel was very agreeable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank schulzkeil
seattle
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Loved New Orient Hotel and recommend it to anyone looking for a small boutique hotel in Paris. About a 3 min walk from the Villiers or Europe metro stations in the 8th Arr, 7 min walk from Gare St Lazare. Checked in at 11pm and front desk guy was super nice and helpful. We stayed in room 13 on the 3rd floor with a balcony and remodeled bathroom (see pics). Small room but very nice, clean and perfect for me and wife. I've stayed at Best Westerns in Paris (which are everywhere and one is just a block away from New Orient) and for the price, New Orient is a great choice. 115EUR/night in summer time.

Wifi was excellent quality, breakfast was nice but not free, service was great and friendly. Quiet neighborhood at night and most of the guests we saw were businessmen and a few older tourist couples.

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Paris.

UK
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Visited this hotel with my wife for a few days in June, 2010 after reading good reports on Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. Hotel staff were helpful in every way, which included recommending places to eat and booking them for us. Rooms were clean and comfortable with good showers. In all a truly nice hotel in a lovely area of Paris.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 30, 2010

A true "hotel de charme", with kind and thoughtful service, impeccable rooms, and very reasonable pricing, the Hotel New Orient is conveniently located and staffed by exceptionally pleasant, helpful people who make one feel immediately at home. Free wi-fi is a welcome bonus. I have stayed here on several occasions and never had anything but an exceptionally pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business