New Orient Hotel
$715
$679
Hotwire.com
1,188 results
All reviewsgare st lazaregrocery store across the streettwo metro stationsminute walkcharming hotelsmall hotelfew blocksvisit parissmall roomvilliersbalconyeuropeneighborhoodelevatorfrenchrueluggage
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the New Orient Hotel from 19-22 March 2013 (3 nights).

Even keeping in mind the previous reviews, and the size of Paris hotel rooms in general, we found both the room and the bathroom smaller than expected. As noted in other reviews, the room walls/floors are thin and movements/conversation can be heard easily. However, the cleanliness was commendable, as was the general service. The hotel staff spoke good English, recommended us nearby restaurants and helped us make reservations as well.

The location was excellent, the neighbourhood felt quite safe, and it was minutes walk to a few different metro stations. Multiple amenities nearby, including bakeries (our favourite was Eric Kayser, 5-10min walk away), grocery store, laundromat....

We had breakfast on the last day of our stay - 8 euros for a continental breakfast (coffee, juice, breads) - that was rather decent, and in a nice breakfast room to boot.

Overall our experience was pleasant and we would definitely consider returning to this hotel. However, we would recommend looking for offers online first, as 150 euros/night may get you a bigger room than a double room in a 2 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
umee, Directeur général at New Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your kind review. Concerning the size of the room, this is really the standard size for 2 or 3 stars hotels in Paris. It is the same in all capitals like London, Rom, Mailand and many others, in which the building price is very high.
The fact to be only a 2 stars is our own decision since many years but considering all the efforts done these last years in our hotel, we think we will soon ask for the 3 stars which we will get easily.
But of course we will still keep reasonable rates as we always did.
Most of the 3 stars in our area (which is very residential and high rated in Paris) have the same room size and have much higher rates for less service and quality.

Anyway we are pleased that in spite of all you enjoyed your stay with us and send you our best regards

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I found this hotel searching TripAdvisor and was so delighted! My daughter and I stayed here on an overnight stay in route to Germany and LOVED it! GREAT location away from the "touristy" Eiffel Tower area which we loved! The staff were OVER accomodating helping me with finding a restaurant for dinner, finding the location and bus number to get to the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, bus stops, train station AND holding my luggage from 11 am check out until 4 pm until our train left for Germany. They also warned me of the pick pockets by the Eiffel Tower which we DID run into. The pictures of the rooms are EXACTLY how they look online. EXTREMELY clean and mattresses were very comfortable. We had the twin room in the back and it overlooked some old aged apartments which I got wonderful pictures of. We paid for the breakfast and loved sitting in the little front room filled with French books, teapots and bunnies. French pastries, bread, cheese, fruit, yogurts, some meats, and granolas were on the self serve buffet. A waitress attended to warm pots of tea and coffee to our table. I cannot say enough good things about this little boutique hotel and their staff. I highly suggest you choose it as your boutique hotel for a stay in Paris!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
umee, Directeur général at New Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your kind review on our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us even for a short stay.
Thank you also for your lovely pictures.

All the best to you both

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I found New Orient thanks to TripAdvisor, my traveling bible! We were not disappointed. The hotel is in a convenient location; and once we got our bearings we were like locals using the metro to get everywhere. We did not partake in the breakfast - we traveled for 2 weeks and had to limit the spending. There is a bakery just to the right when you walk out the hotel - maybe half block away that we stopped at nearly every morning. Some wonderful baked goods and americano coffees.

We were on the 5th floor in a double room with shower. It was a quaint small room. My only disappointment was at times you could here conversations in adjacent rooms and people walking in the room above, because of the hardwood floors. Room and restroom were very clean.

We made use of the laundry mat a few doors down from the small market across the street. We grabbed a bottle of wine and a few cold cuts to enjoy while we did a load of laundry. It was wonderful.

I would certainly return and not hesitate to recommend anyone. The service was great and they all spoke good English.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tritotravel

Dear Guests,

We thank you very much for your kind comments on the New Orient and are really happy that you
enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked three rooms for a family trip. Nominally it's a two star, but the cleanliness, hospitality and overall quality are more five star. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are small but well designed - all our rooms were very clean with new shower rooms. It's well -positioned.The only minor issue was that Wi-fi often dropped in our rooms- but it was strong in the reception lounge. And it's free. anyway! Fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your kind comments. We are sorry about the disturbed wi-fi access in the rooms during your stay but we had a technical problem which has been repaired n the meantime.

We will be pleased to welcome you another time at the New Orient

with our best regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend as we were traveling through Europe and we fell in love with this place. It's exactly what you hope for when you travel to a foreign country: amazing location (three minute walk to metro), integrated into the community (not overly-commercial), impeccably clean (even to our sterile American suburbia standards) and a staff that genuinely treats you like a WELCOMED guest. I would not even entertain staying somewhere else if I were to visit Paris again. There is a good reason this place has the rating it does. Thank me later...

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. The scene was so perfect that my wife and I had cappuccino on our balcony when it was snowing out. Definitely cold, but worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Starrett E

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking time for this kind review on the New Orient.

Your satisfaction is the best reward we can get.

We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again in the future.