New Orient Hotel
$373
$286
Le Six
1,191 results
All reviewsgare st lazaregrocery store across the streettwo metro stationsminute walkcharming hotelsmall hotelfew blocksvilliersbalconyeuropeneighborhoodelevatorfrenchruecafesparisianmontmartre
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I found this hotel searching TripAdvisor and was so delighted! My daughter and I stayed here on an overnight stay in route to Germany and LOVED it! GREAT location away from the "touristy" Eiffel Tower area which we loved! The staff were OVER accomodating helping me with finding a restaurant for dinner, finding the location and bus number to get to the Eiffel Tower, Louvre, bus stops, train station AND holding my luggage from 11 am check out until 4 pm until our train left for Germany. They also warned me of the pick pockets by the Eiffel Tower which we DID run into. The pictures of the rooms are EXACTLY how they look online. EXTREMELY clean and mattresses were very comfortable. We had the twin room in the back and it overlooked some old aged apartments which I got wonderful pictures of. We paid for the breakfast and loved sitting in the little front room filled with French books, teapots and bunnies. French pastries, bread, cheese, fruit, yogurts, some meats, and granolas were on the self serve buffet. A waitress attended to warm pots of tea and coffee to our table. I cannot say enough good things about this little boutique hotel and their staff. I highly suggest you choose it as your boutique hotel for a stay in Paris!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
umee, Directeur général at New Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for your kind review on our hotel. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us even for a short stay.
Thank you also for your lovely pictures.

All the best to you both

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I found New Orient thanks to TripAdvisor, my traveling bible! We were not disappointed. The hotel is in a convenient location; and once we got our bearings we were like locals using the metro to get everywhere. We did not partake in the breakfast - we traveled for 2 weeks and had to limit the spending. There is a bakery just to the right when you walk out the hotel - maybe half block away that we stopped at nearly every morning. Some wonderful baked goods and americano coffees.

We were on the 5th floor in a double room with shower. It was a quaint small room. My only disappointment was at times you could here conversations in adjacent rooms and people walking in the room above, because of the hardwood floors. Room and restroom were very clean.

We made use of the laundry mat a few doors down from the small market across the street. We grabbed a bottle of wine and a few cold cuts to enjoy while we did a load of laundry. It was wonderful.

I would certainly return and not hesitate to recommend anyone. The service was great and they all spoke good English.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tritotravel
umee, Directeur général at New Orient Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Guests,

We thank you very much for your kind comments on the New Orient and are really happy that you
enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We booked three rooms for a family trip. Nominally it's a two star, but the cleanliness, hospitality and overall quality are more five star. The staff are very helpful, the rooms are small but well designed - all our rooms were very clean with new shower rooms. It's well -positioned.The only minor issue was that Wi-fi often dropped in our rooms- but it was strong in the reception lounge. And it's free. anyway! Fully recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your kind comments. We are sorry about the disturbed wi-fi access in the rooms during your stay but we had a technical problem which has been repaired n the meantime.

We will be pleased to welcome you another time at the New Orient

with our best regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend as we were traveling through Europe and we fell in love with this place. It's exactly what you hope for when you travel to a foreign country: amazing location (three minute walk to metro), integrated into the community (not overly-commercial), impeccably clean (even to our sterile American suburbia standards) and a staff that genuinely treats you like a WELCOMED guest. I would not even entertain staying somewhere else if I were to visit Paris again. There is a good reason this place has the rating it does. Thank me later...

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony. The scene was so perfect that my wife and I had cappuccino on our balcony when it was snowing out. Definitely cold, but worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Starrett E

Dear Guests,

Thank you so much for taking time for this kind review on the New Orient.

Your satisfaction is the best reward we can get.

We wish you all the best and hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights at the beginning of March. It cost £160 per night for a double room which I thought was quite expensive for a 2 star hotel but then your realise this is Paris and this is not your not your usual 2 star hotel! I booked over the phone, in English, which I was quite relieved about as my French is a bit rusty. The were very professional and friendly during the call and again at reception when I arrived. I took the train then the metro from Charles de Gaulle airport, all very straight forward, then a short walk from metro station. The hotel looks stylish from the outside and is smart and welcoming inside. It is very french in style and the rooms are fairly small but beautifully decorated and have everything that you need. Ours had a small balcony (which I would recommend) overlooking the street - balcony doors are double glazed so no problem with noise. You can eat your breakfast there when its a bit warmer. There is a supermarket across the road - useful if you fancy a bottle of wine in your room! The staff were all excellent very professional yet still providing that personal touch. There are a number of bars and restaurants nearby we ate at Le Coin which was good, recommended by the hotel. Many of the sights are within walking distance and the hotel has plenty of leaflets for information. The breakfast was reasonably priced with plenty of fresh rolls, croissants and pain au chocolat and a huge choice of teas all served at your table.
All in all the hotel is a great alternative to the usual chain hotels and I would certainly choose to stay there next time I vist Paris.

Room Tip: rooms at the front have a small balcony with table and chairs - no problem with noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MelC374

Dear Guests,

We thank you for your kind words on the New Orient. It is so nice for us to read that you appreciated your stay with us.

We stay at your disposal and send you our best regards