“best romantic hotel”
Review of New Orient Hotel

New Orient Hotel
Ranked #291 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 13, 2012

One of the best romantic hotel we have never seen in our trips. It is two stars but we thonk it worths four or five because: it is so precise in each particular of rooms, romantic design, excellen for a nest of love :D . It is so central, a couple of metro stations from moulin rouge or operà. It has a prive/quality level so high compared to other hotels. Finally people was so kind with us for each single request, you really feel to be @t home, your sweet home in Paris. Last, but not least, just in front there is a delicious japanese restaurant where we spent a lot of perfect oriental dinner perfectly in style with the New Oriental Hotel. I do believe to co e back again with my love.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ploik000
There are newer reviews for New Orient Hotel

Reviewed February 9, 2012

+ location, service, clean room
- small room, poor breakfast

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2012

My sister and I stayed here for the first weekend in February 2012 ( 3rd - 5th) it was minus three in the day and snowed while we were there. The hotel was warm and cosy. The beds were so comfortable with spotless clean white sheets that we did not want to get up in the morning. Every time we entered the room it smelt fresh and clean. The bathroom was a good size with a shower over the bath, toilet and bidet.The shower was powerful and hot just what was needed after a days sightseeing! I loved the furniture, beautiful pieces that really gave the place warmth and character. We were on the fifth floor and loved the balcony and the view although due to the temperature we didn't make too much use of it. Although we didn't eat at the hotel the dining room reminded me of an elegant tea room. Our friends stayed in a hotel a few streets away and our room was much larger than any of theirs and a good size by Parisian standards. The staff we perfect; helpful, polite and friendly. When it came to the much discussed lift and stairs, if you have small children and therefore pushchairs etc, or are disabled potentially it could cause a problem. The lift is small and is at the top of the first section of spiralling stairs. However I noted pushchairs stored downstairs where we left out luggage when we checked out and the staff were so helpful I'm sure they would do what they can to accommodate you. I also did not notice the hotel being particularly noisy and I live in a rural area with little noise overnight so I do tend to notice that. I would recommend this hotel and fully intend to stay there whenever I go back. If you are looking for slick and modern don't bother, but if you want character and charm at a good price this is the hotel.
As far as access to restaurants and sights etc, we actually walked to the Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame Sunday markets etc, and made all sorts of discoveries along the way. There are several restaurants under a five minute walk away and three metro stations ( Villers, Rome, Europe) very close by so it's very easy to get about.
In summary I cannot fault this hotel it was a pleasure to return to at the end of the day.

• Stayed: February 2012
11  Thank CymruSurferGirl
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Trust the other Tripadvisor reviews on this one. The hotel is quiet, a little bit away from the city center but very convenient to several subway stops, and situated in a nice neighborhood filled with luthiers, music shops, good restaurants, fantastic bakeries, and an amazing cheese store. The hotel is simple, small, clean, and cute. Our room was small and simple, but very comfortable and clean. As in many older buildings, the plumbing was a bit loud, but never became irritating. The staff is amazing, exceptionally polite and helpful. Really. The New Orient is not an elegant four or five star hotel. But in a city like Paris, it's a fantastic value for the money, and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank mlucht
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Located maybe about 1/4 mile from a underground train stop, it is actually a really nice location. My husband and i walked around and had NO problems at any time of nice. There is a laundromat right across the street so we were able to wash our clothes. The people at the front desk were very kind and were able to speak enough english that there was no problem communicating. Our room was really pretty, clean and nice. Loved it.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MJLuv2Travel
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The hotel is in a very quiet neighborhood, within walking distance to at least 2 metro stations. It is located a bit outside of the center of the city - is about a 15 minute walk to the Opera/Galeries Lafayette/Printemps area, for example, but this wasn't a problem for me, as I don't mind walking. I was staying in a single room, which is quite compact, but plenty of space for one person. The wifi connection was good throughout my 2 day stay. The room and bathroom were very clean, and the staff were all very pleasant and helpful. When I'm back in Paris, I will definitely be looking into staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank julie H
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed here last year back in March, but have only just got round to reviewing!

The hotel is located in a quite neighbourhood with some very nice restaurants around, it is also very close to a number of Metro stations, so you are never to far from the action, although most days we chose to walk from the hotel to the tourist spots, it is a walk but definitely can be done.

The hotel itself is tiny, but has the feel of a big 5 star hotel with it's well appointed rooms and immaculate design. Yes the rooms are very small, but that did not bother us, it had a bed and a bathroom and that is all we needed.

When we went the hotel was undergoing a renovation but this did not disrupt our stay at all, so all credit to the owners here.

The one thing I would say is that the lift if extremely old, tired and tiny, my partner used the lift on arrival but this did not leave room for our bags, which meant I did the galliant thing and lugged them up the stairs, also getting out of the lift can be a little tricky as it opens directly onto some stairs! This is more down to a lack of space than anything else.

We tried a B&B on a more recent visit to Paris, but both agreed that next time we return we will be staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, they are very small and a little tricky to get onto through the windo...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple