“A beef lovers joy, and good for the rest of us too.”
Review of Chez Margot

Chez Margot
Ranked #3,079 of 18,008 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Le Marais
Description: CHez Margot is a very typical french bistro with a real gourmet kitchen. Famous bistro recipes and specialized in FRENCH beef very tasty. Everything is homemade, sauce, pastries etc...plus own creations. A beautiful terrasse, heated and covered in winter. Located in front of "THE REPUBLICAN GUARD" with the show of horses coming in and out during the day. With an effective and smily service, CHEZ MARGOT became a reference in "the marais" it's a neighborhood restaurant.
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Although they specialize in good beef, which I don't eat, I have always found something delicious and filling at these friendly neighborhood staple. The staff is friendly and helpful to guests who struggle with their elementary French, so you don't have to worry about ordering kidneys by accident. I eat here often, and take friends, and everyone leaves happy.

Reviewed May 19, 2012

I have been eating regularly at Chez Margot for many years, and the food is outstanding. I don't reccomend le Cote de Beouf for 2 people, but otherwise, the seafood is always excellent, the cheeseburger with exquisitely sinful homemade french fries, the escargot, frogs legs -- nothing disappoints. The staff is friendly and mostly efficient, but like many French restaurants can be understaffed and is thus, not their fault.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Located in the Marais district of Paris, this restaurant was just around the corner from our hotel and was recommended on this forum and by many on the ground. It didn't disappoint. The waiters were friendly whilst not intrusive and were very helpful with our lack of French. I had a glass or Rose and Dad had a red, both of very god quality. The appetisers were amazing, my Foie Gras and his snails were cooked to perfection and contained a generous, but comfortable entree. The mains were delicious and so were the desserts. Each dish that came out was faultless and prices weren't too bad. The value was good yet the ambiance was a little insipid. Still a very nice restaurant which I would recommend to experience fine French cuisine.

1  Thank Travellerguy101
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My dad and I have visited Paris twice now and when we return for a third time this summer we will certainly be visiting Chez Margot! This is a lovely bistro, with typical French cuisine. The escargot is delicious, as is the pain perdue, We also enjoyed just sharing cheese and charcuterie with a couple glasses of wine. Staff was very friendly and warm. Definitely a good place to stop for dinner or lunch.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Really nice dinner, I went there with some French friends and we really enjoyed the place (soft lights, few tables, nice music), the owners (young guys form Auvergne, really friendly and funny) and the food, absolutely great. I had the Filet Mignon with honey and ginger sauce and I simply loved it. We will come back for sure, few steps away from Bastille, not a touristic place and reasonable prices for great quality food.