“Great Food”

Ranked #961 of 17,873 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: hostess welcomed us with a smile. The food was prepared with love, care, and the best ingredients. Just a perfect tiny and elegant room with an aura of good work done with delight and fine food offered without any attitude of preciousness. Quiet and charming surroundings. Chic without being a slave to fashion.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

My wife and I were recently in Paris on vacation and stopped in au 35 based on a recommendatin from a friend. The place is initimate and warm and the food is outstanding. We both had the salmon and poached pear dessert.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We walked by this restaurant at lunch time and something on the menu chalkboard caught my eye. I suggested to my friends that we have lunch there. When we opened the door we found discovered a lovely intimate restaurant filled with locals lunching. They welcomed us warmly and found us a table, helped us off with our coats and hung them up for us. Even though the restaurant was quite busy, the waiter was very patient, friendly and helpful and he had a great sense of humor.
Our lunches were delicious and the service was wonderful. I felt although I was a tourist in the midst of locals I was treated royally. They have a small dining area upstairs as well, perhaps for private larger parties.Maybe when I turn 75, if I celebrate my birthday in Paris, I will have my private party here.

1  Thank CAPainter
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Pleasant and helpful staff. Largely British / US custom earlier in the evening but French people came in later. The food was good, traditional and well made. Only negative is the lighting (as mentioned before) which is a bit bright and the tables are very very close!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ate at this small, typical bistro restaurant and had a great dinner there. The place is cute, small, cozy, and nice. The service was excellent. The waiter(s) spoke good English and were very friendly. Our food was very good. It is not very expensive. If you are staying on left bank around the St. Germain area, near Rue Bonaparte, Jacob, Buci, Universite', De Seine (that area), you should check it out. We recommend it.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place is across the street from Hotel D'Angleterre so it was convenient for us. They spoke english and helped us with the menu. The steak and potatoes was delicious as well as the desserts.