“Perfect Parisian meal after several false starts”
Review of au 35 rue jacob

au 35 rue jacob
Ranked #1,116 of 17,155 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Description: hostess welcomed us with a smile. The food was prepared with love, care, and the best ingredients. Just a perfect tiny and elegant room with an aura of good work done with delight and fine food offered without any attitude of preciousness. Quiet and charming surroundings. Chic without being a slave to fashion.
“Perfect Parisian meal after several false starts”
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant was near our hotel so we put off going there seeking more exotic fare. The last night we went. Room for two on the top floor. From the first moment we we delighted. Our waitress was not the owner she told us, but the appetizer if beets and cheese spread was the perfect pairing with the chateau Neuf de paupe we choose. We had lamb and beef. Delicious. W even stayed for dessert because everything was so good and we were not disappointed! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2013

Glasgow, Scotland
“Fantastique prix fixe menu”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stumbled across this liitle gem when our first choice restaurant was closed for the evening on a Sunday night, and like most folks here we were lucky to get a table without a reservation. Cosy doesn't do this restaurant justice, the closeness of the tables and neat little bar make it quite intimate. The service was impeccable and patient, particularly as I tried to remember my high school French lessons. And the food was simply sublime, even on the set menu. Everything was wonderfully fresh, simply dressed to complement the flavours of the ingredients used. A true example of French cuisine. Price-wise, quite reasonable for the quality and wont break the bank. I will be making a stop here on my return to this beautiful city.

• Visited June 2013
Brazil
“Impeccable service, good food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It's true that this place is an excellent option in the 6eme and truly worth the price. But for me the best part was the service. With 2 non-english/french speakers with me at the table, I had to translate everything back and forth and the waiters were absolutely patient and accommodating. I did appreciate that.
Can't remember exactly what we had but it was all tasteful and fresh. House wine was also very good.
We didn't book in advance and were lucky to get a table around 9pm.

• Visited April 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Everything is True”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

A small, wonderful place in St. Germain. Very cozy, delightfully decorated, but the best part has to be the meals. We were very lucky to get a table for 2 without a reservation. I suggest you call in advance. Everything we had was amazingly fresh and comments we heard from diners around us reflected what we thought. Not cheap, but certainly not close to Paris expensive and when you leave and the terrific flavors are with you, the cost is nothing. Had we been in Paris one more night we would have returned.

• Visited June 2013
Huntington, New York
“Around the corner at au 35. ..”
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

"My" hotel is literally around the corner from this tiny piece of Left Bank Paris. I love sitting outdoors, weather permitting, and people watching, Paris being stellar in that regard. Solo, I depend on friendly, efficient staff and good food to round off my evening.
Au 35 does not disappoint. I also take it as a good sign when I see troops of locals inside, and I feel the swirl of le vrai Paris around me. Wonderful Dorad fish, good house wine, neat little bread basket At my petite table on the sidewalk, I am the most content American around. The kitchen here is upstairs, and I was impressed by the focus and efficiency of the chef and prep staff. A good place, overall, to visit more than once...

• Visited September 2012