Le Citizen Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
View Hotel
All reviewszen suitecanal st martinsqueezed orange juicegare ducomfortable bedscroissantsgreat showerminute walkdinner reservationsthe nearest metro stationlight sleeperspent nightsbars and restaurantsloved this hotelthe location is perfecthotel is situatedrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently had a 4 night stay at this hotel. My room, on the first floor, was small but having stayed in New York a number of times I was used to small hotel rooms.
The complimentary breakfast and happy hour in the evening is a great touch and a terrific way to chat to the other hotel guests and staff. Most of the staff were really brilliant and obliging assisting with suggestions and restaurant bookings. In particular Laure, and a gentleman from Africa, Mackey (probably spelt incorrectly) are among the most professional and pleasant hotel staff I have ever met. High marks for them both and a major asset to the hotel to have them both. One other staff member though unfortunately took much of the gloss off my stay here as he was snippy and condescending, accused me of not going to a restaurant that he claimed was booked for me (news to me) and demanded why I did not go. His unprofessional manner carried on for 3 days and while this is a great small hotel I would question whether to stay again based on this one staff member.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
6  Thank Brian H
sophieberdah, Propriétaire at Le Citizen Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

I am very bothered to read such a comment and would first off like to apologize. As a hotel, we have a lot of pressure from restaurants to honor reservations made, which explains possibly why this team member asked you about it. This being said, as a client you should never be bothered with such questions and our team should resolve these problems by themselves. I have spoken to my team to be sure that this is understood and will never happen again. We do hope you will give us another chance and stay with again! Thank you for your understanding, Sophie

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The staff at Le Citizen have the knack of making you feel like you have arrived home to your family. Welcoming in a natural way, helpful but not invasive, present but not oppressive. Actually, that sounds better than family, doesn't it? Breakfast was of very high quality; natural juices and wine offered whenever we came back home... oops, I mean to the hotel; staying in the zen suite gave us plenty of room and comfortable, light-filled surroundings. One piece of advice: earplugs are a must, unless you are already accustomed to city traffic noise. I especially liked the color tones in our room, which were restful, but warm and inviting.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gottago421
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Le Citizen Hotel lived up to all the praise received on Tripadvisor. The surrounding neighborhood was interesting with many good restaurants. As noted in many posts, the rooms are tiny. However they have everything you need and comfortable beds. The breakfast was more than adequate. The staff, especially John (whom we had the most contact with) was exceptional. Several metro stops are near enough, but if you are a walker you can explore so much on foot. We had the hotel arrange a ride from CDG, which was very convenient. They also called a taxi to take us to the train station. Wifi worked well. Free mini bar and loaned Ipad were nice touches. Just don't expect the big informal large hotel experience. More like a B&B.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank jwman123
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Le Citizen - the room was exactly as advertised, very stylish, very comfortable. The staff was wonderful - everyone was very helpful (and spoke fluent English, much better than my Kentucky-accented attempt at French). My wife and I spent 2 days of a 4-day pass at Le Citizen in December 2012 during my deployment, the other two at the Hilton Park Lane in London; Le Citizen wins hands-down.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bsstafford
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Refreshing and eye catching modern design with impeccable service. Would definitely stay here again. Didn't mind the very small rooms at all! Great breakfast and pretty easy access to the Metro station (I think it was about 4 blocks walk).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo