Le Citizen Hotel
$691
$1,531
$1,467
  • Pool
All reviewscanal st martinsqueezed orange juiceboutique hotelcomfortable bedscroissantsgreat showerhome away from homeminute walkdinner reservationsthe nearest metro stationle maraisbreakfast was deliciouslight sleeperspent nightsbars and restaurantsloved this hotelthe location is perfect
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I spent three nights at le Citizen at the beginning of October in a standard "City Room" on the sixth floor. As so many others have pointed out, the views of the canal are great, the beds are extremely comfortable, the breakfasts both healthy and filling, and the front desk consistently positive and helpful (merci Laure, tu étais si charmante et patiente avec moi). I travelled solo this time but if I go back as a couple, I think I would spring for the larger Zen or City K or L suites. The standard room was quite snug. I didn't find noise to be an issue between 11 pm and 7 am but the street is busy at other times. Lots of good restaurants and bistros oin the area which mercifully seemed to have more Parisiens than tourists as clients. All in all, highly recommended.

Room Tip: My sixth (top) floor City Room had a great view and may have been a little quieter since it was further from the street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank cheffip
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at this brilliant hotel on my first ever visit to Paris. The moment I set my first foot in the front door I was greeted with such warmth, care and professional hospitality it was as if I were staying with friends. The rooms are so comfortable, the breakfasts so delicious and the staff soooo helpful I would recommend Le Citizen to anyone! As a solo traveller the interactions you experience with hotel staff and other guests are very much a part of your overall experience of places you visit, and here it was as if we were one big extended family sharing our stories over an evening glass of complimentary wine and then continuing the conversation over the next day's complimentary breakfast. Add in the free use of the landline phone in your room to call home and I would suggest that this hotel was close to perfect. Thank you Laure, John, Patrick and Macky - my seven days with you all was wonderful. I hope to do it all again sometime in the future...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank AusFox
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Had a fantastic few days there now. Yes it may not be right in the centre of town but its not far away and you really get to experience a bit of where the locals are... Its a very trendy area. Great little shops and restaurants all around too and the staff are all fantastic, so friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Raf222
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed at this wonderful, small boutique hotel for five nights in October. We agree with the accolades in previous reviews.
The staff is welcoming, caring and helpful from the moment of arrival. The feeling is more like staying with friends than being in a hotel. Attention to detail is what really sets Le Citizen apart from other hotels in Paris. You will notice this with the stylish and fresh complimentary breakfasts and late afternoon/early evening wine and hors d’oeuvres to the goodies left in your room daily. John, Laure and everyone there are top shelf. You won’t regret your decision to choose this hotel. Lou & Michele.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nj23k
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a 6 night stay at Le Citizen Hotel. From the moment we arrived to the time we checked out staff could not be more friendly and helpful. The service was excellent. This boutique hotel with small but very cozy rooms, very comfortable beds and amazing rain shower. The location is perfect, great breakfast. We absolutely loved this place. It's 100% true what has been written on trip adviser.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple