“A wonderful walk at any time of the day”

Saint Germain des Pres Quarter
Book In Advance
$214.96*
Paris Walking Tour: Jazz Evening with Dinner and Concert
$114.65*
Paris Saint-Germain Quartier Polaroid Photo Tour
$70.46*
and up
Paris Walking Tour: Saint-Germain-des-Prés and Latin Quarter, including...
Ranked #21 of 1,244 things to do in Paris
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This area is a wonderful walk to experience everyday life in Paris. It´s true… it´s full of tourists like myself, but this is is real life in Paris. A walk during the day is nice and at night, with the city illuminated, is precious.

The area I´m talking about is the 5.o and 6.o arrondissements. There are plenty of department stores and alternative shops (the up scale shops are in other area), very good not expensive restaurants and brasseries (my favorites are: Brasserie Balzar, Petit Pontoise and Che Fernand restaurants), some boutique of just small and cosy hotels (try the hotel Des Grands Hommes or the La Sourbonne boutique hotel). I think that this area is what is considered the Latin neighborhood, "Quartier Latin". It has also the Luxembourg gardens, the university La Sorbone buildings, the Patheon, the Middle Age Museum, the Notre Dame church, to mention some of the interesting places to visit.

It´s my husband and my favorite area in Paris. We try a different hotel every time we visit in order to choose the best spots.

On Saturdays there is a small precious street market that sells vegetables, cheese, bread, foie gras and other foods, as well as incredible African masks. We never miss it when visiting the city.

2  Thank JuPereira

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We love to go to this area every time we are in Paris. All of the famous designer shops along the Boulevard. Great place for people watching.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

This quartier in the 6º arrondissement is the place to be! With its countless cafés, brasseries, boulangeries/pâtisseries and boutiques, there are so many wonderful options. The ambiance is upbeat and fun. It is also close to so many historical buildings.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I loved St Germain. So beautiful. There is lots of good shopping in both stores and on the street. There are lots of good restaurants around too. Definitely a place to go in Paris.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Beautiful neighbourhood with old buildings, fancy shops and boutique hotels. Exactly how I imagined a french inner city living- cool! Lined by cool cafés, boulangeries and ice cream parlours, you miss time passing. Busy but not crowded nor did it feel touristy. Coming from Venice, we noted the queue for Grom was looong:)