Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $42.54
from $57.49
from $113.83
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

I used to live nearby and used to love it (20 odd years ago!). Despite happy memories of times gone by I’ve not really been on recent trips to Paris which were work, so no time, but I also thought the place had got really touristy. Here this time with my 13 yr old daughter, staying on the rue Cardinal Lemoine and our first outing was a stroll down the rue Mouffetard. (Grabbing crepes from the lovely man at the top of the street just off the place de la Contrescarpe . . . ); And yes it’s quite touristy (but I can’t object when I’m one of the tourists), but pushing on down to the bottom I’d forgotten about all the fab food shops! At the bottom near the church St Medard is also a nice spot for a coffee. And there were a couple of stalls no doubt left over from the market. Very lovely woman selling really nice hand made jewellery - at a price teens could afford - which meant the Paris trip started well, as the shopping had begun! I was delighted to pick up some Maras des bois in the nearby greengrocer.

5  Thank KrystynaK514
Reviewed October 17, 2018

This is a lovely stroll along the street to look at the food and stuff for sale. There has been a market here for centuries, so you are a part of history. Fun place.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Sunday morning market - as pretty as could be w/beautiful produce and prepared food, sold by helpful and charming people in a perfect square.

2  Thank architect1961
Reviewed October 13, 2018

On a recent visit to Paris, my husband and I took the opportunity to meander through this cobblestone rue. It was filled with the liveliness of students, locals, restaurants, food markets and overall beauty. We very much enjoyed this section of town and will definitely return on our next visit.

2  Thank vmcj
Reviewed October 11, 2018

I love this area, This is an authentic little street market, loads of stalls with little shops behind. Take a basket and wander and end up in Place Monge for a coffee while you watch the world go by and pretend you're a local.