“Romantic and great location.”

Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette
Ranked #70 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Romantic and great location.”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We first visited la belle juliette in October 2012 and made the mistake of beginning our visit on a Monday, immediatley after our wedding. To warn others in advance, there is some serious construction next door at the Monastry mid week. The month we first visited was really really noisy and it seriously affected our honeymoon trip. The hotel moved our room as far away from the noise as possible, but it was still a bit noisy.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and are not thaat small - pretty normal if not a bit bigger for Parisian standards. The blackout curtains are FABULOUS - made us sleep in though and missed our early morning!! But a wonderful night sleep. Thick luxurious curtains that blocked out every bit of light!

The pool is lovely and underground, heated and in the spa area. I did not have a spa treatment as they were quite pricey (around 100-150 euros for a massage), but we did enjoy the swimming pool which has a current button in it so you can enjoy swimming against a current.

We decided to give the hotel another go when returning this August for my birthday as we did really like the area and facilities in the hotel. This time we visited on a weekend and I cannot fault the service or hotel at all. The room we had was lovely and tried breakfast this time. It is a bit pricey for what you get - 25 Euros for a coffee, fresh orange juice and some pastries - I would not go for the breakfast next time but instead enjoy the vast amount of cafes around the area.

The check in process was good and i absolutely loved the scent in the hotel and think it was a great touch.

The hotel is located in a fantastic area - cherche midi is a great road, towards the bottom end of it are lovely interior designy type shops and up this end of it nice restaurants and a lovely wine bar. Its mimutes away from Montparnassee station which is on a lot of different metro lines.

All in all - a fantastic stay and really confirmed that would be visiting again next time. I might add at this point though - we had booked via a special offer on Mr and Mrs Smith and the rooms were a bit cheaper - but I probably wouldnt be prepared to pay full price for this hotel - we did not think it was worth the full price.

2 Thank 274Aandg
ebourquin, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review about your second stay at La Belle Juliette. It was a real pleasure for us to welcome you again.
We just would like to add that the breakfast that you describe is the Continental one, and it cost 20 euros. It is made of French pastries and bread together with butter, honey and jams, but also juice and hot drink. The one at 25 euros is the Tonic Breakfast made of fruits, cereals, yoghurt, juice, hot drink etc. The products are carefully chosen for their quality and origin.
We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed our boutique hotel located in St Germain, its decoration and the spa.
We would be very glad to see you back for your next stay in Paris, so do not hesitate to contact us should you need any help or information.
Kindest regards,

Eric BOURQUIN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed for a weekend - the hotel is super !
Got upgraded to a beautiful junior suite upon arrival, slept like in heaven, location perfect.
Used the pool after a long day of shopping, luxury!

I will not stay anywhere else in Paris... ever :-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank CatvonZ
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay at La belle Juliette!! It is really rewarding to read your comment.

We remain at your disposal should you need any help to prepare your next stay with us.

Best regards,
Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My husband and I visited La Belle Juliette in August of this year, and ever since I returned, I have been trying to figure out when I can go back! This is a beautiful hotel, in the most perfect location. La Cherche Midi is a quaint, quite street in the Saint Germain district. My husband and I were there for 5 nights and we never took a taxi once. We wondered through Paris with this as our home base, and couldn't be happier to get back every evening. Every member of the staff was polite and extremely accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable stay in a beautiful centrally located hotel. Thank you so much to the staff for the wonderful restaurant recommendations as well, La Merlotte was our favorite restaurant in Paris!

2 Thank tinasestokas
Dallas
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I agonized with my mom, sister, and brother over picking a hotel room in Paris. We spent hours combing trip advisor and deciding the best place to stay. We all agreed on this hotel, and in the end I was disappointed. Here is why:
The location is walking distance to places IF you are up for a ton of walking, if you want to take a cab which was the only way we got around town, you must walk to Le Bon Marche which is a 10 min walk.
The rooms were decently decorated, the furniture had some dings.
The layout of the room drove me crazy. The bathroom is separate from the sink and toilet. We had a suite and the toilet was on one side and the sink and bath were on the other.
The shower was terrible too, it was a bathtub that had a shower head from the ceiling, the whole time I showered the curtain would stick to my body. Very annoying.
The rooms were small, that's just Paris.
I have occasional mild allergies and asthma. For some reason the second I would step foot into this hotel the lobby and my room I would start into an allergy and asthma attack (not sure exactly what about this hotel would trigger it)
The construction wasn't a big deal.
The front desk people were friendly and helpful.
Finally, I hated how they would continually spray the lobby with a very strong scent. It was obnoxious. I was sitting in the lobby waiting for my family and my mom pointed out that there was smoke coming from above my head out of a small tube in the wall. I look up and realize that this is the source for the scent and its continually spraying this offensive smell.
I would not stay here again, and I would not recommend this hotel to a friend. It's been almost 2 weeks since I left that place and I think I'm scarred.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank QueenHock
ebourquin, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this note about your stay.

Actually we are sorry to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are located in St Germain, one of the most beautiful area in the heart of Paris. Moreover, we have 4 different metro stations around the hotel, so if you do not want to walk you can easily reach different parts of the city.

We are also surprised that you did not appreciate the scent sprayed in the hotel, which is generally much valued. Concerning the layout of the room, there is a clear description on our reservation documents and on our website, mentioning the size, equipment etc.

Regarding the staff, we are pleased to learn that you appreciated the service provided during your stay.

Once again thank you for your comment, all the remarks are constructive.

Best regards,
Nürnberg
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in Paris in this cosy 4* hotel, where we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. We were looking for a romantic hotel to stay. And? Yes, indeed: We found it! Right here. "La Belle Juliette" was exactly what we were looking for. Just come and see for yourself! The staff was very helpful whenever we had a question they knew the answert. And the room - although a little bit small - was very well equipped with everything we needed.

London
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for the first night of our honeymoon en route to the South of France. What a joy! Absolutely fabulous accommodation, attentive staff, wonderfully designed bedroom. It was hard to tear ourselves away to experience all that Paris has to offer! I loved the iMac TV setup - that was amazing. And the steam room and swimming pool was so romantic, and we were overjoyed that we were the only ones using it that evening. Thank you again for all your help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Here now, very pretty hotel i imagine the spa is terrific although I have not tried. If you come, suggest you go for the romantic suite which is very pretty, with a claw foot tub, soft mauve colors and very comfortable this would be an excellent option for fashion week or maison d objet if i hadn't already booked elsewhere I will definitely be back and am now about to check out breakfast with my hubby.

Room Tip: Go for room 409. Accommodations are not huge but very well appointed nice bath products and lots...