“Nice room and location but piling vibrations during day”

Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette
Ranked #63 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Singapore
“Nice room and location but piling vibrations during day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pros
(1) Stayed in suite which was nicely decorated, had 2 Mac computers that doubled as TVs and a nespresso machine.
(2) Quiet at night.
(3) Great neighbourhood with cute little shops and restautants. Near the department store Bon Mache. Great Sunday market nearby
(4) Near a metro station
(5) Staff are friendly

Cons
(1) There is piling next door from 8 or 9 am to 5pm on weekdays. You can feel the vibrations. There can be loud drilling noise too. Don't stay here if you need the room to be quiet from 8am to 5pm. To be fair, the hotel does warn you about the noise when you book it.
(2) Not that cheap considering the noise.
(3) Not near the common tourist sights

1 Thank Kallang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is by far one of the best overall hotel experiences I've ever had. My wife and I stayed for a few days just recently and we were blown away by the attention to detail, hospitality and excellent vibe. It's situated in a beautiful neighborhood (think SoHo NYC) that's away from the touristy traps and filled with little pastry shops and boutiques. The front desk staff rivals the best in the world in terms of hospitality and care...and their knowledge of the area and wider Paris was perfect. We also took advantage of the spa, which, also, was wonderful.

If you stay, visit Martine's just down the street...a little cafe that features one of the most wonderful proprietors in Paris (Martine). She put together day's itinerary for us that was spot on for our style.

I'm extremely critical and picky...and La Belle Juliette just hit it out of the park.

3 Thank andy w
Wiltshire, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked La Belle Juliette based on the reviews of others here on Tripadvisor as I was in Paris on business.

The hotel is situated near (10 minute walk) a number of Metro stations in an interesting street - but certainly not a main road.
It's not the most fashionable of locations, but I rather liked the area.

Sadly when I stayed, there was significant renovation going on behind and to the side of the hotel of a neighbouring property. Noise levels were very high. To be fair the hotel had written prior to my stay to advise of this.But it was too late to change my plans. Before staying, I'd recommend giving it a while until the works have completed.

Having said that my room on the third floor was well designed but somewhat small I thought for the price £220 ish. It had an en suite shower and seperate toilet.

I loved the Apple TV / Computer!.

For me the hotel ticked all the boxes of hospitality with young, well trained and charming staff.

I didnt get a chance to use the spa - so can't comment.

I would definately stay again, and would recommend others, but will check to make sure the renovations nexxt door have completed before doing so.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

During a recent stay in Paris, I spent three nights at the Villa Madame and two nights at the Juliette. I was reluctant to book at the Juliette because the location is a far walk from the better neighborhoods of Paris (and many blocks from the nearest Metro). But the reviews were so wonderful that I couldn't resist checking it out for myself. After two nights, I'm totally confused by these reviews. There are so, so many better options for hotels in Paris.

Location: I don't like staying the "tourist" center of any major city, but I do like staying in a charming neighborhood with cafes, great shops, etc., etc. While Juliette isn't too far from these types of streets and neighborhoods, there are too many other hotels in Paris located much, much closer. The location isn't really convenient to anything and it's on the outskirts of the 6th arr and the only attraction in walking distance is the metro stations. When you're in Paris, you walk A TON. Find a hotel that's close to something so you don't dread getting back to your room.

Rooms: Tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny. Yes, they are cute and stylish, but this was one of the smallest 4-star rooms I've ever stayed in (in Paris). I booked a superior room and was shocked by the size. I asked to see a deluxe, but it wasn't much bigger and costs $100 more. For the same price, you can find bigger rooms in better locations. Bottom line.

Service: Everyone was very friendly (difficult to find in Paris) with just one exception. Housekeeping was extremely late (4pm?) both days, but they did their best to finish the rooms when I complained.

Spa: Great massage, but it took a lot of coordinating to get the steam room heated/turned on. You must pre-arrange with the front desk 30 minutes before your visit and it doesn't always turn on when you arrive.

I've stayed in nine different hotels in Paris over the last six years and think all of them are superior to the the La Belle Juliette. Maybe my TA expectations were just too high.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this hotel, book the biggest room you can afford.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank KerriJK
ebourquin, Directeur général at Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments and opinions on La Belle Juliette. We were very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations.
We were very surprised to hear, however, that you found our hotel to be poorly situation with respect to transport. Indeed, La Belle Juliette is a two-minute walk from its closet metro, and a five minute walk from others. From there it is only a short metro ride to many of the city’s major attractions. Our street, rue du Cherche Midi is noted by Parisians for its excellent shopping boutiques and restaurants, and has a more authentic Parisian feel than other, more touristic, neighborhoods. Most of our clients are delighted to have the opportunity to experience Paris like a Parisian ; we were saddend by the fact that you did not find it to your liking.
We read your remarks about the size of the room, and we understand that you felt the were too small. However, we would just like to mention that our room sizes are clearly indicated on our website and on all of our reservation documents.
We were delighted to hear that you were able to enjoy a treatment at our Spa. With respect to the Hammam/Steam Room, for reasons of security and for respect for the environment, we only turn it on, on demand. As such, it is necessary to wait 20 minutes before the Hammam reaches its ideal temperature. This is why we ask our clients to let us know 20 minutes in advance of usage. This is usually done during the check-in procedure, but seems that you were not informed. We have taken action to make sure that all of our receptionists will mention this fact from now on.
Again, we would like to express our sincere thanks for your comments on La Belle Juliette. We take every comment quite seriously, as they help us to improve the quality of our service.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to La Belle Juliette on your next stay in Paris.

Eric BOURQUIN
Général Manager
Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I think everything has already been said prior reviews but just add on….this hotel was wonderful. It is a smaller hotel, which is what we were looking for. While the rooms were small (which we knew going into Paris), the space was well used. And, we were hardly in the room so it was really not an issue. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. I have to say the beds are among the most comfortable I have ever had in any hotel.

The location was wonderful. A more residential/quiet area which was nice for what we were looking for (it's not right by any of the major attractions so doesn't have the touristy feel to it). The Metro station was nearby and walking to attractions from here was also easy.

The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. I would certainly consider staying here again if I am fortunate to get back to Paris any time soon!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My partner and I arrived into Paris only to be disappointed with the accommodation we had booked. With plans to celebrate our 20th anniversary with a week in Paris we needed to take quick action...... So it was straight onto Tripadvisor for an alternative ( not easy at this time of the year) We found it here at the Hotel La Belle Juliette. The person on the end of the phone (Dany) was nothing short of amazing, he sorted out a weeks booking, as well as private car transfer from where we were to the hotel all within less than a few minutes. On arrival at the hotel he offered us the most sincere welcome we have ever enjoyed arriving into Paris. What a positive attitude and all our problems dissolved away. Oh to the hotel. It's furnished beautifully! well located, modern, clean and fitting of a weeks celebration in Paris- and of course Dany!

1 Thank UpfrontAustralia
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We had the most lovely weekend staying at this hotel. The room was small but this is Paris and the quality of the furniture, furnishings and extras more than made up for this. They had thought of everything. The shower is fantastic.Lovely toiletries, complementary bathrobes and slippers and comfortable bed. WiFi in the hotel is free.The staff are lovely and all speak impeccable English and cannot do enough to help. I asked if they had soya milk at breakfast and someone went out to get some - impressive. By the way have breakfast. The room where it is served is lovely and the quality is excellent. Only reason we did not give a 5 for sleep as we had a fire alarm at 6.30am. The use of a hairdryer in another room tripped the alarm. Lots to do in the area being near St Germains and Montparnasse. Some nice restaurants in the area. We tried Lancetta on the basis of an earlier recommendation and endorse that recommendation. All in all we would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple