“2 words. Stay. Here.”

Ranked #64 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
St. John's, Canada
“2 words. Stay. Here.”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed here the last 2 nights of our honeymoon, after 4 days in Paris and then 3 days in Nice. It was a FABULOUS last 2 nights/1 day. This hotel is practically brand new and beautifully done. Quiet. Private. And should you choose to venture out to the back garden off the bar, a fantastic little spot awaits you nestled among lush bamboo and beautiful tunes.

We and stayed our first 4 nights in the Sorbonne neighborhood and fell in love with it. But then here, not far from there mind you, it's more quaint. Not touristy.
Just lovely.

1 Thank Carola R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 27, 2011

This hotel is definitely a unique experience in regard to its design and interesting quirks. Yes, it is no where near to the size of hotels in the US, but I feel that what it lacks in square footage it makes up for in quality in charm. We had a lovely shower - clean, relaxing, and tons of shower heads. The bed was comfortable, our room was spotlessly clean, and the computer and free internet in the room was a very nice touch. I would give it 5 stars except for two issues we had with the front desk. One was a wake up call we requested that never came. From a 4 star hotel, a basic request like this should be honored. Secondly, one of the concierges at the front desk went online to help up buy Eiffel Tower tickets and charged 4 to our credit card instead of 2 as we had asked. Instead of the hotel offering to pay for the extra two or a glass of wine in their cafe, he told us to try to hawk them at the Eiffel Tower. I realize it was an accident, but that is not the best customer service. Overall, I enjoyed this hotel and its cozy neighborhood. There are some great restaurants and patisseries in the area and we fully enjoyed our stay. I would definitely consider La Belle Juliet again on a return trip to Paris.

1 Thank ecl28
London
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Everything was perfect - welcome, service, room, breakfast and the best internet we have had - so easy to access and it was not an extra! The room was small but had a good sized bathroom with separate toilet and the furniture was cleverly designed to get in everything that was needed. We love the area - so many good restaurants, shops, galleries nearby and the river and Musee D'orsay just a walk away. We would highly recommend La Belle Juliette.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Charming place, very helpful staff, very nice decoration and environment, clean and well designed bedroom. In addition to all, the iMacs in the rooms are very helpful, you can access internet without an additional charge, and you can watch your homeland TV channel through the web-access ...

Room Tip: Only know the room I stayed, but was suficient, everything was wonderful !
2 Thank FlavioFukumoto
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2011

This hotel was everything we had wanted it to be. After staying in London in yet another nice chain hotel, we found Belle Juliette a breath of fresh air.

Firstly the location is amazing none touristy and so very French with excellent shopping and dining in every direction walking from the hotel.

I had been prepared for the "small" hotel rooms of Paris but was pleasantly surprised at our superior room with separate shower. The hotel has used all available space very well, we even had a separate bathroom (which was so much bigger than expected) from the toilet. Yes there is no escaping the fact that compared to other cities the rooms are small be what they my lack in space they make up for in beautiful decor and style. It felt like the new French and not the tired out dated rooms most French hotels are decorated in.

The IMac computer in each room that is fully integrated in to the TV just sets this hotel apart, was perfect for us to stay in touch or do some research on. Very smart idea guys.
And for the staff, reception couldn’t not be more lovely, I was told that they were sad we were leaving and this made me feel even confident that we had picked and amazing gem of a hotel in a idyllic French area.

Will recommend to everyone – the perfect boutique Chic French experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a separate shower and book the most expensive room you can afford as you will get...
2 Thank Nish01
atlanta
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great stay at this hotel. Nice rooms for paris (I always laugh at the posts the complain about the size and amenities of paris rooms - and NYC for that matter). We had the superior for most our stay and had to switch to a deluxe on the last night. I'd say the superior is fine as you don't get much more for the deluxe. Jean-baptiste at the front desk was great. Always helpful, making reservations, and providing good insight. Others were a tad more 'french' and the barmaid was not very friendly at all. But that's a small issue for what was on overall very nice stay. The apple computers in the room were great and wifi was nice and fast. I will agree I was pleasantly surprised by the showers, noted in another review, as I've had more than my fair share of weak showers in european hotels. It seems the waterfall showers are a nice trend as we found them in a couple other hotels on our stay... It's a little bit of a walk to the more touristy areas, but not bad. There is an upside to being on a more quiet street, that's for sure. Also it was nice to be able to get a croissant or cafe from a local shop vs a tourist trap.

Room Tip: Stick with the superior
2 Thank bwlove
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I chose this hotel to be our home base for our second wedding anniversary. We had stayed at another hotel in their group, the Hotel des Grands Hommes, on our last trip and were extremely happy with them. We wanted to stay in Saint-Germain-des-Pres this time, so we decided to go with this new property, a four-star-rated hotel. Overall, we were once again very pleased with the quality of the room. Waiting for us when we arrived was a very nice bottle of champagne, with rose petals leading to the bed (very romantic!) and a note congratulating us on our anniversary. We stayed in a Deluxe room, the nicest of the non-suites. The size of the room was right in line with other hotels in Paris, particular in this neighborhood (read: on the smaller side, but big enough to be comfortable). The bed was the equivalent of an American 'king size' and was very comfortable.

Highlights:
1) The shower was AMAZING! It is one of those 'rain' showers with the giant disc over your head, but it also had three powerful jets on the back wall to complete immerse you in powerful water flow! If you don't want to get your hair wet, you can use the jet in the front rather than the overhead rain shower head. Best shower I've ever experienced.
2) In-room iMAC, with free Wi-Fi access. This is immensely valuable for doing such things as looking up restaurants, making reservations, finding museum times, etc. the iMAC doubles as the TV and radio (for radio, I recommend the station FIP).
3) the in-room Nespresso coffee maker. If you've ever had Nespresso espresso, you'll know why I am so excited about this!
4) Free bottled water. This seems kind of innocuous when writing it out, but having that cold water in your room when you come back from walking around Paris all day was very, very nice.
5) Management. We had a couple of minor issues with some charges, but they were addressed quickly and fairly by the hotel management.
6) The staff made several good recommendations for restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel and even made a couple of reservations for us.

A few minor issues:
1) There is no turn down service. My wife and I would come back after walking around all day and sometimes take a quick nap and a shower before going out in the evening. It would have been nice to come back to a freshly made bed and fresh towels.
2) The remote for the TV would sometimes be wonky and stop working altogether. We watched very little TV, though, so this was in no way a big deal.

Other notes:
1) A survey was given for us to complete after our return, and a very quick reply was given by the deputy manager acknowledging our concerns, particularly about the turn down service. I feel confident that the hotel will have this service in the near future.
2) There is a very lovely looking pool and spa that my wife and I did not visit, but if you like a morning swim that's a nicety.
3) There is a very lovely little bar in the hotel as well; again, my wife and I did not visit so I cannot comment on the drinks or food, but it looks wonderful.
Summary:
A very nice little boutique hotel in a great neighborhood. My wife and I look forward to staying here again when we return for a future adventure in Paris!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank thebigpill