“Beautiful boutique hotel with phenomenal service”

Hotel & Spa La Belle Juliette
Ranked #113 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed for 9 nights in July, 2011. The hotel is nicely appointed, beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. We were particularly pleased with the service. The location is extremely convenient to a number of Metro stations, and a very nice neighbourhood with great restaurants and shopping as well. We would definitely stay there again!

I reviewed numerous hotels on Trip Advisor before choosing this one, and was thoroughly pleased with the result.

2  Thank Jackie H

Reviewed August 10, 2011

We booked this hotel based on all the previous reviews. We liked the relatively quiet location away from all the tourists. The hotel is new and everything is modern and clean. The room was very small; I don't know how people with a lot of luggage would manage. Fortunately we only had 2 small suitcases.
The size of the room didn't really worry us since we didn't spend much time in it; Therefore the bed was big and very, very comfortable.
The bathroom had a great shower.
The windows open which is always a plus for us since we prefer to sleep without airconditioning.
Lots of good little restaurants, bakeries and shops in the neighborhood.
All in all a good stay, although I feel that it is a bit too pricey for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hirondelle11
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed just one night at La Belle Juliette en route to the South of France. It is in a great location and has very comfortable and well deocrated rooms. Breakfast - taken in the similarly intriguingly decorated room - was very good and set us well on the way to Gare Montparnasse. But what really set this hotel apart was the attention of the staff to service. From the handling of the booking on line, through to dealing with a few minor crises that befelled our short visit, nothing was too much trouble for the front desk.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for a longer stay as a basis for exploring this wonderful city.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My husband and I decided to take a short break in Paris. We chose Hotel La Belle Juliette from reviews on TripAdvisor and were not disappointed. We stayed in a Junior Suite (207) which was beautifully appointed although not large. The things that impressed me were the computers (iMacs) in the room with internet connection, complimentary in room use of a nespresso coffee machine and one of the most comfortable king size beds I have ever slept in away from home! The street was not busy and our room was lovely and quiet.

The reception staff graciously spoke English to us which made things easier after a long day of struggling with our poor French. The breakfast was simple but good (main choices pastries/bread or muesli - about 20-25Euro) eggs etc are extra. I really liked the breakfast room although my husband found the volume of the music overpowering. Unfortunately weather didn't allow us to use the outside courtyard area. The staff were very accommodating we arrived late for breakfast and they were more than happy to serve us.

The position of the Hotel is great and central to most things. There are lots of eating options within easy walking distance (including a a great wine shop Paris Cave in Rue Mayet and the amazing cheese shop Cremerie Quatrehomme)

I stayed at Hotel Relais Christine in mid 2010 and even though the room at Christine was a little cheaper I think there is no comparison. Hotel La Belle Juliette was superior in every way.

1  Thank Rebekah_H_Brisbane
Reviewed July 22, 2011

My family of 5 just returned from Paris last evening and I could not wait to share my rave reviews of this hotel. Everyone should go here!!! From before check in to our sad check out, the staff, beauty of this boutique hotel and hip vibe exceeded my expectations beyond belief! We were already in Paris and traveling to Versailles overnight before checking in to la belle juliette. I called to ask if we could leave most of our luggage (6 bags!) the day before we checked in and they welcomed it graciously. Upon our arrival, our bags had been placed in one of our rooms for us. The hotel is new and EVERY room from the spa and lobby floors to our 3rd floor suite, deluxe twin and superior double is STUNNING (Yes, 3 rooms. They have a strict policy of 2 persons, adult or child, per room). Relaxing yet bold color combinations, super comfortable furniture, fully booted Macs in every room, rainfall showers...heaven. If you ask for a recommendation, you'll get a 2 page printed list of popular and "non touristy" places to see and dine! I could go on and on!! The breakfast was pricey, but the location is so conducive to walking that you can get to a lovely patisserie in a quick stroll. At this wonderful oasis, you truly get MORE than you pay for. It is 4 star for Europe, 5 star service for this international traveler!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jeeper333
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We benefitted from an introductory offer in this newly opened small hotel in Sain Germain des Prés at € 260/ per night which was good value for money. The standard room was tiny (17m2), the bathroom had a nice, large and powerful raindance shower.All rooms are equipped with their own safe and an iMac computer, allowing you to surf the Internet, listen to music or choose a film to watch. The hotel offers free broadband at a decent speed.
Continental breakfast at € 20 offered fresh orange juice and a nice and crispy basket of breads and croissants. When we wanted some late night dinner after the opera, we could only choose from a cheese plate (one cheese, without bread) or cold meat, not exactely what you expect from a 4star hotel (I think the rating is overdone). I did not particularly like the violent colour schemes used, and my room did not look as bright as the one shown in their web page. All in all , good value for money and a short walk to St. Germain made it a good experience for a weekend!

Room Tip: Try to get a superior or deluxe room with an italian shower
3  Thank Swisscheck
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Everything about this hotel was excellent - apart from one thing (which I'll come back to later...)

It's been beautifully renovated and our room was decorated in lovely shades of pale blue and cream. The bathroom was great, with a good shower and a lovely deep bath - you don't always get both in Paris hotels.

I loved the Apple tv/computer. Very easy to use and good screen resolution. (Watching the Tour de France on HD was amazing!)

The area's great. Not too touristy with good local restaurants and a village feel, while having the bustle of St German about ten minutes walk away. We also tried using Velib bikes for for the first time - there's a 'station' of bikes just along the road - and loved cycling along the Seine and into the Marais.

The ONE thing I'd fault this hotel on, though, was it's maid service. We left the hotel at 10 on Sunday morning to go cycling around Paris and came back at about 14.30. The room hadn't been cleaned and, just as we were settling down to watch a bit of TV and doze, we had a call asking if the maid could come and do the room. This meant we had to vacate it for 45 minutes or so which was a bit annoying.

Apart from that though, I'd highly recommend this hotel. It's not cheap but it's probably on a par for what you'll pay for this standard of hotel in Paris. I'd definitely go again.

2  Thank juliet83