“Not warm enough for a snowy day”

Angelina Paris Rivoli
Ranked #6 of 433 Nightlife in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This traditional Parisian café, in operation since 1903, is best known for its fabulous chocolate.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Stroller parking
Los Angeles, California
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not warm enough for a snowy day”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

It was the first real snow in Paris in over 40 years and Sunday. After really not crowded Louvre visit. We qued up to get some hot chocolate and my favorite Angelina cake: le Mont Blanc, meringue base, cream of chestnut with creme Chantilly, and some macaroons for my daughter. After almost an hour, when we got to be seated just above the door, so whenever the door opened, which was constant, the draft kept us reminding how cold it was outside.thanks God we knew what we wanted, because it was definitely not a place to linger. They came quickly to take the order, almost pushing it and then took forever to bring the order. Not the way I remembered how it was back in the 80's. kind of understand why the tourists think Parisians are so rude, if my town was always so overwhelmed by them (tourists) I would be too. So, sorry Angelina, next time in Paris, I think I will pass on you.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“OMG wear fat pants and go for it!!!”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Angelinas serve the best hot chocolate in the world. Without a doubt. No arguments please! Still doubt me? Well the hot chocolate is real chocolate and is so divinely thick that I could stand my teaspoon up in it....ahhhh delicious sugar rush....so to help you thin it out and drink it they give you a pot of whipped cream to stir through it.....does life get any better than that?? Seriously?

If you can manage the sweets then dont even think about missing out on their famous Mont Blanc (my mouth is watering just typing about it) they should nominate a public holiday in honour of the chef who invented it.

I did manage to go back a few times (I could live there) and tried the omlette - it too was above expectations and ever so tasty and because I had been soooo healthy I got to take home the macaroons to try later - yes they were amazing.

Do not miss the opportunity for the hot choc and the Mont Blanc....put on your fat pants and go for it!! We all do plenty of walking in Paris seeing the sights so the calories wont be on for long!

Visited April 2012
6 Thank Nonny16
Istanbul, Turkey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Perfect taste, worst waiters”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Millefouille and hot chocolate were great, however rude behaviour of the waiters is not acceptable. I had to talk with 4 waiters for one order. One of them have talked in be in french and in angry stye. I still highly recommend to try Millefouille and hot chocolate but choose the place which is at the graden of Versaille Palace which has kind waiters.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Etem H
Newport, Rhode Island
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Chocolat Chaud...”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Angelina may be touristy - but it truly does have the most amazing chocolat chaud in the world, served to you in limoges with freshly whipped cream. I always pop in if I'm in the neighborhood. The last time I went in I hadn't had lunch so I ordered a croque monsieur and it was delicious too. Then a chocolat chaud for dessert....perfect lunch! I've never bought any of the gorgeous pastry but they are beautiful to look at.

Visited June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Truly 'Haute' Chocolate”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Literally the most amazing hot chocolate that I have ever tasted. Not only do I highly recommend Angelina, but I *strongly* suggest that you call ahead to make a reservation, or have your hotel do so. The line is very long and it is so much easier to whisk in with your name on the list.

Visited March 2013