“Chefs Secrets”

Le Cordon Bleu Paris
Ranked #17 of 118 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Le Cordon Bleu is a world renowned network of educational institutions dedicated to providing the highest level of culinary and hospitality instruction through world class programs. Le Cordon Bleu Paris School offers professional programs as well as gourmet courses for all food and wine enthusiasts!
Arlesey, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 129 helpful votes
“Chefs Secrets”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was a birthday present from my daughter, a two hour demonstration on cooking Foie Gras and Steamed Hake. It was a truly amazing experience with an extremely talented chef preparing the meals. We had a translator so nothing was lost and had decent tasting portions of both courses. It was an evening to remember and I would recommend it to anyone

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Mark G

Mackenbach, Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cooking Adventure With Friends”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was all that we wanted and more...we attended the cooking for friends class - morning demonstration then afternoon cooking! It was such fun! There were six in our group for the demo but only five for cooking...one of our friends was not well but managed to enjoy the experience. Loved getting the apron and being able to take notes.

Recommend: Allow for the class to enjoy their meal in the cafeteria area after creating it versus taking it "to go" as many of us were in hotels.

Would highly recommend - great fun and Chef Lesourd was a delight to watch -- very entertaining -- with or without a translator!!

Visited January 2013
Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Making Your Own Bread Class Cordon Bleu”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I took the class Jan 2013. The Chef was Jean-Jacques Tranchant. He was very informative and personable. Took his time and answered any questions that we had during the class. You receive a complete list of recipes. We took home all the bread that we made. We had a delicious lunch provided by Cordon Bleu. We also sampled the breads that the chef made with fresh butter and brie. It is a very relaxed class and you get to know your fellow students. I do recommend taking a bigger bag/basket for all the bread you take home.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank DasRaven
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bread baking workshop with a master chef!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was a full class with 12 people participating in the Atelier du Pain workshop. Le Cordon Bleu's bread courses seem to be really popular and fill up fast, sometimes months in advance. For this class, we had a good time baking with Chef Danial Walter.

Class was taught in French but we also had an english translator present (she is also a chef so it helped a lot when it came to explaining certain things!). Chef was nice, very encouraging and very helpful. He gave a lot of helpful tips on how to make good bread, was even playful and loved taking photos with everyone!

Environment was very relaxed and comfortable. All items and equipments were provided, the kitchen assistants were also helpful - we were given recipes and apron to bring home, as well as our baked goods!

Lunch was provided by the school although it was a cold lunch (it was still delicious!)

I honestly didn't expect to be baking so much bread lol - not that I'm complaining because I had a lovely time but I had too much that I had to hail down a taxi as I couldn't take these into the metro.

In the end, I ended up giving my taxi driver a LOT of bread (i was leaving Paris the day after) and ended up with a free ride (wa-hay!!)

Downside: the school had mentioned that we would be given airtight containers to bring our goodies back but we weren't given any. Instead we were just given plastic bag and paper boxes. So it was hard to carry them around (think 4 big baguettes, 3 big country breads, a few more buns and a couple more different breads)

Also Downside: The class was supposed to start at 8 (and they sounded very strict about it on paper - saying that if we were late, we risk not being allowed to join the class) but we didn't head in the kitchen until after 9am.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Mstwittwots
new York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“More wine please!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Took a wine pairing class on 3/7. The class was not packed, lots of individual attention. The foods and wines selected were all top notch. I consider myself a wino and learned a great deal. The translator was also extremely friendly which made asking questions easy and unintimidating. Bring your appetite, a pen and an open mind and you will walk away with a great meal and some good knowledge. Overall a great experience!

Visited March 2013