Review Highlights
Surpassed all expectation

My husband and I went in November to celebrate our wedding anniversary. JB was our guide and from... read more

Reviewed November 16, 2019
Mckenzie C
Day Tour from Paris to Champagne

We spent a wonderful day visiting the French countryside and Champagne with JB. I highly... read more

Reviewed October 15, 2019
lb1208
Cary, North Carolina
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Paris
from $296.01
from $224.23
from $72.90
from $137.39
More Info
All reviews jean bernard day trip champagne region cheese making cheese maker moet chandon tour guide champagne tour would highly recommend this tour reims cathedral french culture his passion behind the scenes food and wine jb winery goats
Selected filters
Reviewed September 20, 2019 via mobile

Many thanks to JB for arranging a perfect day for our group. It was fun, informative and by the end of the day we were all asleep with smiles back to Paris.
I looked at several tour operators prior to booking and JB offered the zest we were looking for. This was not only a Champagne tour but food and history too.
You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed September 17, 2019

My husband, sister and I had a wonderful day in Champagne with JB! He has crafted an experience that blends champagne tastings at famous and small family run houses, time in the vineyards, visits to historical sites and first rate food purveyors (biscuits, cheese and honey!) and an excellent 3 course lunch with champagne and wine. JB made the day even more special by giving historical and personal perspective to everything we did. It gave an added dimension to the entire day. And he's a really nice guy with a great sense of humor. We all are very interested in history, and didn't expect to be visiting a WWI cemetery from the second battle of the Marne on a champagne tour, but we all thought it was a touching and interesting addition to an incredibly diverse and fascinating day. Spending time in the vineyards in Hautvillers during the harvest was an experience we loved and will never forget, the pressing of the grapes was going on and we were able to taste the juice straight from the press. So cool (and delicious)! The town was really special, it's beautiful, and everyone we met there was so nice.

Thanks for an amazing time JB! I highly recommend this tour to anyone interested in champagne, great food and history!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019

My wife and I had a great time with JB as our full day wine tour guide! JB has great passion for wine and I loved learning about the differences in wine making philosophy between the US and France. I learned to appreciate the subtle taste differences in wine based on the soil composition, it was truly fascinating. JB really made our tour at each winery special because he actually worked at many of the places he brought us to! We were able to see and understand the story behind the goat farm and wineries we visited because of JB's inside perspective. Overall, I also enjoyed seeing the French countryside which was a nice change from the city life of Paris during my vacation. We got plenty of beautiful views and photos during the tour.

This tour mainly focuses on regions in which white whines are the specialties. Normally I enjoy reds much more, but this tour gave me a whole new perspective on enjoying white whines. If you have any interest in wine, I would definitely recommend taking a day to do this.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank bsng888
Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

We had a fantastic day with JB and the tour brought history and culture of the region “alive”. Out tour with JB happened to be on the hottest day in recorded history for Paris. He made sure we were comfortable and cared for throughout the entire day. Highly recommended!!!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed August 9, 2019

We spent an incredible day filled with information, impressions and emotions. We tasted biscuits and cheese, visited Notre Dame cathedral in Raims, visited Mumm Champagne wine house, In Epernay we visited Moët & Chandon wine house, In the village of Hautvillers the Dom Perignon grave and and the Joseph Desruets Champagne House. JB was knowledgeable, professional and made this day unforgettable for us. It was very nice to spend the whole day with him. We highly recommend this tour

Date of experience: July 2019