Review Highlights
A day to remember

What a great way to experience the wines of the region, with someone so connected, insightful... read more

Reviewed April 23, 2020
MarlaPilates
Brooklyn, New York
Surpassed all expectation

My husband and I went in November to celebrate our wedding anniversary. JB was our guide and from... read more

Reviewed November 16, 2019
Mckenzie C

Recommended experiences in and around Paris
from $325.17
from $246.31
from $80.08
from $188.36
More Info
All reviews day trip champagne region cheese making french culture food and wine jb highlights merci
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2019

One of the best tours I have taken in France. I love small group tours because I feel like you receive more of a personal experience without paying for a private tour. I choose the champagne enthusiast tour and JB was our tour guide. He knew the area so well and kept us engaged the entire time. In addition to Moet Chandon and Mumm venues we visited a small family owned champagne vineyard. The lunch included was soooo yummy. The additional stops at the biscuit store, cheese store and Reims cathedral was the icing on the an already lovely day. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND this tour.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed May 6, 2019

We enjoyed this tour from beginning to end. If you are interested in learning not only about champagne, but also about the culture in this region, then this is the perfect tour.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 16, 2019

JB was a first rate tour guide with a wealth of knowledge about the wines and the Sancerre region we traveled. We recommend this tour to anybody who visits Paris. You won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed November 9, 2018

I would first like to start this review thanking JB for not leaving me and my best friend behind when we got lost on our way to the meeting site (it was completely our fault put the wrong address in the Uber request).

This tour was so much more than just tasting Champagne. We really got to learn a lot about French history through visiting several historical sites. We got to try a lot of tasting local treats such a yummy crispy puff dessert or cheese from a local vendor.

We also were taken to have lunch at a restaurant where all the options were delicious.

And then there was the Champagne. There was plenty of it! Make sure to bring some water along with you to hydrate! I guess what im trying to say with this review is that yes there will be Champagne, and if bubbles are your fancy this trip will disappoint.

Buy JB really trying to give you a quality experience which includes all the other things I mentioned and I greatly appreciated it!

Date of experience: October 2018
2  Thank Katherine R
winedaytours, Wine tour guide at Paris Wine Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2018

Dear Katherine,

Thanks a lot for the lovely words you wrote about your Champagne Enthusiast Tour and me:), it was really nice to share that day with you. Thanks for your confidence. Hope to see you again in one of our other tours.

Cheers,
JB

Reviewed November 1, 2018

First of all, our tour guide Jean Bernard (JB) was so delightful. We had to leave very early for our day in Reims & Epernay. He greeted everyone at the cafe where we met the minibus. The minibus was very comfortable for the long trip. JB provided hot coffee & pastries for us on the way to Reims - very thoughtful and delicious. Our stop in Reims included the cathedral (spectacular) and a biscuit & cheese shop. It was so obvious that the owner's and JB had an excellent rapport. Everything was delicious and there was no pressure to buy anything. Loved going to Mumm. It was a wonderful, informative tour. Lunch was delicious and it included local wines. Couldn't ask for more. Moet Chandon, a small local winery (amazing), Dom Perignon's tomb and a WWI cemetery finished the afternoon. JB was just amazing. We fit in so many things into 1 unforgettable day. I would highly recommend this tour. Thanks for a great day, JB!!

Date of experience: November 2018