“Absolutely one of the most memorable parts of our visit to France. This tour is a must do for anyone!! I can't recommend it enou”

Paris Wine Day Tours
Ranked #17 of 184 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holidays in Paris. You are looking for an original day out of the city? Premium & intimate Champagne, Burgundy, Loire-Valley day tours. Discover the French wine culture, tast wines, meet winemakers, take a full day in the countryside? 100% all inclusive! Come with us!
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We were in France for one week on our honeymoon. After being in Paris for 3 days and I was very happy to experience culture and life outside of the city. This tour enabled me to experience the countryside of France. This trip allowed us to not only experience food, wine and culture but we also learned a great deal about the wine making process. I was also really pleased that we were taken to local shops and we were able to do some shopping. Jean-Bernard was wonderful. He was funny and informative and made sure that everyone on the tour had a great time. I couldn't recommend this trip enough to anyone wanting to experience food, wine and life outside of Paris. We will certainly look forward to another Jean-Bernard tour when we return to Paris.

All reviews
"tour guide"
in 35 reviews
"champagne region"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 20 reviews
"cheese tasting"
in 9 reviews
"champagne houses"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Anyone that visits Paris should take time to escape the city for a day and take this tour. The whole experience was great and JB was an awesome tour guide. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I just took the Wine and Countryside tour and wow, what a delightful day! The meeting point for the tour was near a nice cafe, so we arrived a bit early to enjoy a croissant and cappuccino before departing. JB, our tour guide, arrived and gathered the group to depart. The group was about 15 people, all very nice and it was fun chatting and getting to know everyone. The drive took us about an hour outside of Paris into the beautiful French countryside. We first stopped in a small village with a gorgeous open air market. While there, our amazing tour guide JB took us to several stands that focused on local, authentic French goods such as chocolate, cheese, smoked fish, and sausages.

After some time at the market we made our way to the winery for a tour and tasting. We got to meet the winemaker and get and in depth exposition on the whole process and philosophy of French wine making. JB is incredible knowledgeable and does a great job communicating the soul of French winemaking and how it differs from what we Americans often think of.

The day continued with lunch at an out of the way restaurant in another small village, a visit to a scenic village town, and ended with a tour of a French castle. The site were absolutely picturesque and a pleasure to visit. Not only because they were beautiful but because I would never, in a million years, found any of these places on my own. I feel we truly got to experience an authentic taste of French culture, produce, and winemaking, away from other typical touristy junk.

Lastly, I have to mention, as others have, the JB is a absolute delight as a tour guide and he makes the trip! It is clear that he is passionate about French culture, knowledgable about the history of wine, the regions, and France in general, and he is hilarious to boot. He clearly wanted us to have the best experience possible and it showed in everything he did over the course of the tour.

This day was definitely THE highlight of our week in Paris and I can't recommend this tour enough!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

After reading about Paris Wine Day Tours through Trip Advisor, I made a reservation for my trip in May. I was a little unfamiliar with the area listed as the pick up point, but owner/operator Jean-Bernard answered my email prior to arrival with very detailed instructions...I had no issues finding the group.

The day was terrific..we had a group of eight, which allowed us to ask questions and take ample photos of our day. I was actually a solo traveler, but I never felt uncomfortable in the group; it was a lot of fun and everyone was very friendly!

The cheese tasting and lunch were great, but the real treats were the two wineries we visited. It was so interesting to learn more about wine making and the issues facing wine makers. Visiting the area wine museum was also informative.

I highly recommend this tour...Jean-Bernard really is the icing on the cake and makes day so pleasant. He even sent our group photos from our trip, which was a nice touch. I highly recommend this tour!