“A Great Experience!”

Paris Wine Day Tours
Ranked #17 of 184 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holidays in Paris. You are looking for an original day out of the city? Premium & intimate Champagne, Burgundy, Loire-Valley day tours. Discover the French wine culture, tast wines, meet winemakers, take a full day in the countryside? 100% all inclusive! Come with us!
Reviewed October 26, 2011

A Day in the Vineyards-Paris Wine Day Tour was a wonderful experience.! We conveniently signed up for the full day tour on the internet. Our passionate guide was prompt, friendly, well informed, and entertaining. The visit to wineries and a goat cheese farm were interesting and authentic. The Loire Valley, vineyards, and the countryside were breathtaking. We were happy we could have this excellent experience during our trip to Paris.

All reviews
"coffee and pastries"
"champagne region"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2011

JB is awesome. It's the perfect day trip getaway from Paris ( not that anyone needs to get away from Paris ) but the trip into the french countryside is awesome.

JB is passionate about what he does and teaches you a lot about french wines etc along the way to the vineyards. The thing I liked about it the best is the small feel to it. You are with maybe 6 or 7 other people max and the vineyards aren't some corporate factory. You get that family run feel. Absolutely no pressure to buy anything but trust me you will regret not buying enough. We bought 6 bottles to take back to New York and when I looked up the wine on the internet back home it was minimum 400% higher in price.

The best way I can describe the tour is when we went to the 2nd vineyard in the afternoon right when the vineyard owner was about to start giving us the tour he had to stop for a few minutes because he was getting a delivery of Vines and he had to unload them himself off the truck with a forklift.

Truly a family run operation and I actually thought that was pretty neat when it happened. Plus he had us trying his wine at all the different stages of development which was fascinating and his wine is awesome.

I wouldn't just recommend JB and wine day tours to people here Ive already recommended JB to a friend who is going to Paris is december.

Don't think for a second that once it gets colder the tour might not be as good. The scenery might change but the fantastic wine experience with JB as your host won't

Reviewed October 20, 2011

This tour was the best! If you love wine this is a must! We loved JB! He had us fall in love with the French Countryside. JB is passionate, knowledgeable, and very accommodating. He made sure that we understood the region, the wine and the culture. JB knows a lot about the wine and the history that takes place in French Wine making. His relationships with the growers and the locals are genuine. They were all very nice. You will not be pressured into buying anything at all. It was so lovely to meet the Growers whose family has been doing this for many generations. The stops JB takes the group to are some of the most breathtaking picturesque places ever! For lunch, he set the group up with a delicious restaurant that uses only local ingredients. I was very impressed! JB puts so much detail into the whole tour you can tell. He remembered it was my birthday and had the restaurant bring me out my dessert with a birthday candle-that was a great treat! I only had great experiences that I will never forget from this tour. Make sure to wear closed toe shoes because you walk into the vineyard. A camera is a must! Bring cash to buy from the great local stores. JB has a cooler in the van just in case you want to buy perishables. JB hosts the van with coffee and pastries on the first pit stop before you enter the wine region. JB wants to make sure we got the most out of our tour so he “kindly” reminds us of the time. I appreciate that a lot because I got to experience many different things. JB picked us up very early (which is good because the earlier the better to get out of Paris’s morning traffic) The drive once outside of Paris is BEAUTIFUL! This is defiantly an all day event, but JB gets us back into Paris to enjoy our evening. I would take this tour again! It was so lovely. Thank you JB!

1  Thank Mujer_on_the_Go
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Jean-Bernard's (aka JB) low key passion for traditional French wine-making, knowledge of the Loire valley, relationship w/ "traditional" family vintners and "polite schedule-keeping" made for the perfect break from Paris tourism. Casual, relaxed and authentic view of small volume vineyards. Meet the third/fourth generation owners and discuss their wines, their soil and their methods. Do not expect flashy sales people or 5th avenue designed tasting rooms. Throw in a family cheese "factory", a traditional French lunch, the Sancere wine museum, the gorgeous countryside and you have "the perfect French country day trip". Finally, you have JB's charm, preparations, knowledge of the region and his irrepressible French accented English. Thank you JB!!!!!!

2  Thank Kevin S
See more reviews
Reviewed October 12, 2011

After spending two days sightseeing in Paris, my girlfriend and I wanted to spend our last day visiting the French countryside and decided to take a wine tasting tour of the Loire Valley. As much as we immensely enjoyed the sights and sounds of Paris, the highlight of our visit to France was the Paris Wine Day tour with Jean-Bernard (also known as JB). What a fantastic day!

Our first stop was a visit to a goat cheese farm where we learned about the cheese making process and tasted various types of Chavignol (mild to aged). We also had the opportunity to see the farm animals (and the goats) and, as JB explained, the horses in France are BIG ;). We then headed off to the vineyards. Our next stop was to Guy Baudin, a small producer that makes an exceptional Pouilly-Fumé (we bought 2 bottles - one made it home). Our next stop was to the lovely Sancerre region where we briefly stopped at the local museum and walked around in beautiful Sancerre. Our final destination was an amazing visit to the vineyards of Roland Tissier. Unlike many wine tastings where you just taste the wine, we had the opportunity to see the distilling process and sample at least four different varieties of unfermented wine. We then proceeded to taste the final product - Rosé, Sauvignon Blanc, Saint Benoit and Pinot Noir. Let’s just say this - as a result of the wine tasting, we now have a new favorite wine – THE WINE FROM SANCERRE!!! We bought 2 bottles – none made it home - but I bought 3 bottles of Tissier wine the moment we got back to the United States.

An unforgettable part of the tour was our visit in the fields where the grapes were being harvested. We were lucky enough to be able to cut a few grapes off the vines and add them to the batches. In addition to the wine, it was just an all-around lovely day meeting the real winemakers in small intimate settings with the most beautiful backdrops of rolling hills and charming villages.

JB was a great guide. He was affable, funny and extremely knowledgeable of the region and the wine. Our group was small (8 people) which was just the perfect size to spend a perfect day out in the French countryside to discover wine. It’s truly the best way to do a wine tour. The ride back to Paris was testament to the experience during our day. As JB said at the beginning of our trip, “If I did my job right you will be sleeping on the way back”. Well, JB did his job right - we were all sleeping. If you visit Paris, YOU MUST TAKE THIS TOUR. It’s the best!!!

3  Thank Bartalie