“Paris Wine Day Tours - GREAT Experience!”

Paris Wine Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 183 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Holidays in Paris. You are looking for an original day out of the city? Discover the French wine culture, tast wines, meet winemakers, take a full day in the countryside? Yes you can with Paris Wine Day Tours!
Reviewed August 23, 2011

We recently went on the Paris Wine Day Tours, with JB.
He did a wonderful job! It was a great experience, to visit the French countryside, visit some authentic french vineyards/wineries and get a taste of France, outside Paris.
JB Picks you up in the morning, and brings you back in the evening, and provides a delicious lunch at a cute little restaurant in 1 of the villages.
Very educational and a very well rounded approach to many "tastes" of authentic French Culture.
Probably the BEST thing we did in France - highly recommended!!!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

this is certainly a must do trip when in paris. it is an amazing opportunity to see the countryside and experience some amazing, historic wine regions that deliver some of the worlds best wines! JB was such a gracious host and was super informative and charming. the chevre visit in the morning started things off with a bang, especially that 4 month old chevre!!! wow!!! the morning vineyard trip was my favorite with the winemaker so passionate about what he does and very approachable. some delicious wines that we purchased and drank later that week and reminisced about this tour. the lunch was so tasty and fun! the visit to the sancerre town was also a highlight, the views, the wine shops and the museum were great! I would definitely recommend this to anyone interested in wine (you'll learn a ton) or even those that just want to get out of paris for the day and experience the countryside. JB you are doing amazing things!!!!!!

Reviewed August 15, 2011

My boyfriend and I recently travelled to Paris and went on a wine tour with JB. We had a great day, and thought JB was a very informative and entertaining tour guide. The day was well-organized, the winery visits were informative and interesting, and we were provided with many samples of delicious wines!! Neither of us are wine connoisseurs, but we felt like we learned a lot, and had a new appreciation for some of the different wines we tried throughout our day. The lunch provided was really delicious, and the visit to a small French town (on our tour it was Sancerre) was a great bonus. :) We would highly recommend this tour. It's a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, and JB will take good care of you!

Reviewed August 10, 2011

And you will love your host, Jean-Bernard, who combines his knowledge and love of Burgundy and the Loire Valley with a small group to come up with an enjoyable and educational outing.

You’ll start your day at the meeting place with his friendly and smiling greeting and in no time you will feel as if you’re old friends. The drive out of town is accompanied by interesting history and facts about the region, coffee, French pastries, and Jean-Bernard’s charming humor and stories. Visiting the fromagerie, having a lovely lunch together, tasting wine, and meeting the winemakers will give you a true picture of France, away from the crowded tourist spots in Paris.

Our group had endless questions about the wineries, the chèvre, the castles we passed and the landscape; he answered all. There were some predictable American faux pas at the wineries. In response, JB was sweet and tactful.

You’ll see the gorgeous hilltop village of Sancerre, its wine museum and its spectacular garden, close-ups of the Cinderella-style castles and exquisite wine cellars where the vintners store their own wine collections. You will taste some of the best wine you have ever tasted and have the opportunity to buy if you desire; but no pressure at all.

My sister and I agree; this tour was the best day of our trip to Paris. If you have an opportunity to go, don’t miss it.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

We had the pleasure of hiring Paris Wine Day Tours and Jean- Bernard to take us to the Loire Valley out of Paris to expereince the Sancerre region. We had a group of four middle aged women, fairly educated about wine and we still learned quite a bit from Jean-Bernard. We also experienced a goat cheese farm where we got to meet the cheese maker and taste some incredible goat cheeses. We experienced two wonderful boutique winerys with fabulous Pinots, Rose and Sav Blancs. It was very interesting to learn about "terroir" and expereince the different elements from each soil some limestone, some flint, etc. A highlight was tasting straight from the bins and identifying the mineral qualities blindly. Jean- Bernard was quite knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. Our lunch was excellent also and I felt like we got a good value for the money. I enjoyed hearing about the region and the history as we drove from Paris to the valley - although sitting in the back I could not hear well because the microphone was not working. I also felt a bit rushed getting from the first winery to lunch and I felt like we were on a pretty tight schedule to get to our different locations. Overall, this was an excellent tour and honestly it was one of my best memories of the Paris trip since I had not done this before and I had already seen the sites in Paris previously. I could highly recommend this tour!

1  Thank vacawithkids