“The only place to stay in Paris!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Vendome

Hotel de Vendome
Ranked #637 of 1,810 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“The only place to stay in Paris!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Our last stay in February at Hotel de Vendome was my 3rd. I love it, each time I say it is perfect, but each time it seems to get better. For the first time we had dinner in the dining room The food was amazing.....far superior to many, many restaurants! We will defintiely be back.
The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you.
A little oasis in a gorgoeus part of Paris.
I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Angela H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Great small French hotel. Perfect service by all staff. Ideal location. Exquisite rooms. My second time staying at this hotel. We arrived very early and at prior request, they were able to have a room ready. Also, very helpful with reservations. Will return on next trip tourist.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This boutique hotel is truly a jewel --superbly located right off the Rue St- Honore. The location is ideal for dining, shopping, or visiting major attractions. You will be pampered by an outstanding and friendly staff; all of whom are willing to go above and beyond whatever you may request. An added plus is the highly rated restaurant within the hotel. A bit of a splurge perhaps, but more than worth it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gena F
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel de Vendome with a friend last fall. The location could not have been better. It was central to so many sights that we visited.

The restaurant was beautiful. It was such a lovely way to begin our days. Our waitress, (I believe her name was Daniella), was always professional but so much fun.She would explain all the shops and places that she thought we would enjoy.

I can not say enough nice things about the front desk staff. We has so many questions. They always had a wonderfully sweet attitude when they helped us.
I must make a particular mention of a gentleman named Jacem. After he checked us in, he alerted us to certain scams that we should be aware of in town. No sooner do we leave the hotel we were faced with one. We knew to ignore the person and continue walking. No big deal.
He made our dinner reservations before we arrived.
Each evening he gave me a card with the name, address and telephone number of the restaurant, in case I needed to show it to the taxi driver.
It was so caring and kind.

They spoiled us. We did not want to leave.
I thank all of you again for such a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Since rooms in Paris are generally small, try to book a room with a sitting area. I think all the r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manila,Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

rooms are dim. dark. all nice interiors. cindy front office staff not nice. we are so tired from 20 hour plane trip and gave a very bad room. window of room so high, no view. you need to climb the steps they provided to open your window but light from outside does not come thru.
only bellman is nice but admitted room at second floor given to us is a bad room. will never come back. i asked to be transferred and only room available was a junior suite which cindy (front office staff) is asking for extra 800 euros a night!! we ended up at 400 euros / night extra...grrrr.

Room Tip: never book and allow rooms at second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank maria isabel c
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

On arrival we were duly shown to our room, surely the smallest room this hotel has to offer. A hotel of this ranking should not be able to get away with offering such a claustrophobic room at the prices they charge. It was not a good start. They were not full and their customer approach was bizarre. Only when we produced the advert showing the room we thought we had booked through Expedia did we finally get moved. Service throughout the rest of our stay was adequate. The location is very central and that is one of the few positives. If you choose to stay here, be very sure about what size room you are booking to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: If you book a classic room, be prepared for it to be very small indeed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank HKenny
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I spent €10,000 here in December 2012 for my daughter's wedding. One of their employees behaved disgracefully & I have been trying for the last 7 weeks to get some attention from the hotel management. Incredibly the 2 most senior managers - The Executive General Manager, Elie Louca & the Hotel Manager Etienette Clamouze refuse to reply to my correspondence & voice messages. I have been courteous all the way through & just want an adequate apology & suitable redress against the employee concerned. Nobody replies so what else can I do but report them on Tripadvisor? Stay away because if you have a problem it will not be dealt with

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
14 Thank Gary17061957
Etc1, Resident Manager at Hotel de Vendome, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir,
May I express my surprise to read this.
I did respond to your email and I am not sure I understand your comment in here.
I have resent you my email just now and I remain at your disposal to further discuss that.
I would be happy to call you directly at your best convenience, it is a shame that you feel like this despite the special event you had in our establishment.
Hopefully we will be able to talk soon.
Best regards,