“Great French bistro. ”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

On a business trip I had to dine alone in Paris and found this little bistro.
Finally somewhere where a 'single diner' is not put into the corner and the staff attention was great, even offered me a paper to read.
Had their 'pink salad' and fresh fruit as desert, which were really very nice. Certainly will be back

Reviewed September 27, 2013

WOW!
Well my wife and I discovered this place after spending the evening at the Eiffel Tower and we are so glad we did.
Instantly we were warmly greeted and offered a choice of tables (all of them immaculately laid out)
After attempting our best French they were happily chatting to us in very impressive English (which made things easier), the menu was delightful and after choosing some aperitifs and our food we relaxed into a lovely evening.
The starters arrived and they were amazing and then the same can definitely be said about the main courses.
The wine was fantastic and that's always important for us.
Can't fault this restaurant at all and we are looking forward to going back.
Great hospitality, great food, great prices. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped for lunch at this typical Parisienne street side cafe. Boulevard Haussmann is a very busy avenue and choosing a street side seat compounds the problem. You can sit inside but then you miss the action. This westerly part of the boulevard is not touristy so you get to mingle with the locals. The food was above expectations--as is usually the case in Paris. We tried the special which was beef carpaccio--large portion and beautiful presentation. The prices were reasonable and we planned to go again but it was closed for the middle two weeks in August.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Clean, fresh decor, but nothing special. Typical "I'll get to you when I can" service I've come to expect of Paris - not the worst I've seen, but again, nothing special. Wanted something simple and tasty so chose the onglet de boeuf & frites: I think I've been spoiled by having just spent the weekend at Gleneagles eating the tenderest beef and lamb on earth - this cut of beef was typically perfectly cooked ('saignant') but frankly sinewy and challenging. Chips were good. I saw a large Xmas party group having pretty tasty-looking and interesting food, so maybe I should have gone for something more elaborate. The house Rhône red was excellent. Just another Paris brasserie?

Reviewed July 19, 2011

We had an excellent dinner that was a change from dining in brasseries during our trip to Paris. We started with the saumon marine which was overly generous and perhaps the best Salmon we have had. The cod and lamb kebabs were equally delightful. Service was excellent and we would definitely go back to try their other dishes!