“Definitely come back!”

Restaurant Mariette
Reserve with
Restaurant Mariette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #158 of 18,482 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I was looking for a romantic place to eat with my boyfriend. We only were in Paris for a short stopover of one day. So it was very important to eat in a good restaurant. We found this restaurant on TripAdvisor and all the other recommondations were true: this is a fabulous restaurant!
We run in a little too late, but that was no problem. We had soup and salad for starter, it was a good starter. After that my boyfriend had meat and I had the fish with mushrooms. One of the best meals I've ever had!
After dinner hostess Mariette talked to us about her life and how happy she was we visited her restaurant.
This march I will be back in Paris with a friend and definitely come back to Mariette!
Thanks for the wonderful evening Mariette!

1  Thank LotteWindey
Write a ReviewReviews (1,236)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This intimate hideaway takes some seeking out, but it's well worth it. The meal is memorable, and the service superb, friendly, and meticulous. Not only is at ll delicious, the prices are reasonable. Don't miss this jewel off charming Rue Cler.

1  Thank Alan A
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were in this excellent restaurant for New Year's Eve 2013-2014 and although we have to wait a little bit, the results were really good. The food was magnific, as the wine, the dessert extraordinary. But the most important was the friendly and the kindness of the staff.
We strongly recommend this restaurant. Don't forget to visit if you go to Paris.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wow! What a wonderful meal and a memorable evening! This tiny gem is run by a husband and wife team. The wife minds to front of house with an infectious smile and meticulous attention to each diner, while the husband is in the kitchen preparing delicious Spanish inspired dishes. My chorizo stuffed lamb was cooked perfectly with subtly balanced flavor and textures. The stunning apple crumble desert featured golden apples prepared with butter and saffron paired with a slightly tart frozen yogurt.

When I didn't recognize anything on the wine list, our hostess recommended a bottle I would never have chosen on my own that turned out to be both delicious and affordable.

Dinner concluded with a nice glass of a Porto style Spanish desert wine, and a nice conversation with the chef who introduced himself.

All in all, wonderful food, wonderful service...I can't wait to come again!

1  Thank draudio
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Holy Crap!!!! I went here to eat some french food for the first time. I have been to Paris maybe 5 times because I live in Germany currently and its only 4 hours from me. When I go I usually eat Vietnam food, American, and Italian for whatever reason. This time I decided to eat French food and it was horrible. I had the Duck Ravioli in Pumpkin sauce for an appetizer and that made me gag. The main course was Pollock which wasn't that bad but it wasn't good either. my wife had a salad for an appetizer and the main douse was the most disgusting steak that I have ever had. My sister in law had a salad for an appetizer and they both enjoyed their salad but then again how can you mess up a salad. Her main course was chic hen and black rice which she thought was edible but not good. The location is hard to find also and we were a few minutes late. But the staff (one lady) was very friendly but we waited over an hour for our main dishes and it cost my 157 euro for the 3 of us for the worst meal I have ever had in Europe. They only have like 5 appetizers, 5 main courses and 5 deserts, very small menu. With the small menu you would think there main courses would be perfected by this point or they would choose some better food or something. I just hated the food and I didn't have a good time at all. If you plan to go make sure you make a reservation. But I hope you steer clear!!! This is the first time that I have taken trip advisors advise and regretted it. I am an American and maybe Europeans like the taste of this food but I sure didn't.

10  Thank Duane N
suaveparis, Propriétaire at Restaurant Mariette, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

"Holy Crap", an expression that clearly indicates your vast vocabulary and refinement. So, considering your fine dining expertise, you should know that what you said made you "GAG" is NOT duck ravioli in pumpkin sauce, but FOIE GRAS RAVIOLI in SWEET POTATO SAUCE. If you disliked the dish you have every right disagree, but to say that it "made you gag" makes it clear that you have no respect for my profession whatsoever and a malicious intent. Those who have come, have liked the food.

In your words, "the steak" was: "THE MOST DISGUSTING STEAK THAT I HAVE EVER HAD", May I note that the type of meat you had was SIMMENTAL BAVIERE, know as one of the best in the world.

"How can you mess up a salad", to quote your comment. The salad was made with Lomo de Bellota, which is matured for 12 months and is known as the one of the finest hams available; baby spinach (known in France as tetragon) is the best kind of salad you will find.

Regarding the "black rice", you said: "SHE THOUGHT WAS EDIBLE BUT NOT GOOD". Black Rice from Camargue, which is "controlled designation of origin" (meaning they hold to a rigorous set of clearly defined standards for its production) is unequalled in quality, considered one of the best in the world.

You commented that you have been in Paris at least 5 times, and that this was the first time you had French food. I would advise as chef, that you educate your palate so that in the future, if you try again, you can realize what you're missing and what you have missed.

I wish you the expression of my most sincere greetings.

Alfredo Martin.