“Fantastic Meal for a friends 50th.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Mariette

Restaurant Mariette
Reserve with
Restaurant Mariette is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 16,717 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Skipton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Meal for a friends 50th.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We checked the TA reviews before visiting Paris for a friends 50th and Mariette sounded perfect for what we wanted. We weren't disappointed! There were 6 of us, and we all enjoyed each of our 3 courses. Would definitely recommend and would definitely revisit if in Paris. Not cheap but well worth it.

• Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, greater service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went on a business trip, and casually walked by and it seemed so nice that we ended up having meal. My business partner and I had a great time, we both ordered lamb, it was liv. The service was really warm, they made us feel like family, locations were really nice... Definitely a place to revisit in further time...it's a 5 overall, and prices were just ok for a great experience and a really good dinner.

1 Thank NoahRodgers1
“Perfectly nice, but overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

We visited this restaurant on our first night in Paris as it was close to our hotel, had good reviews, and was rated on TA as reasonably priced. This is my main gripe - it cost us 50 quid each, we ate off the set menu and we only had one glass of wine each. The food itself was tasty (if slightly small portions to fill our hungry traveller bellies) and the staff and chef were very friendly. The restaurant was a small room with clinical white walls and not much atmosphere to cover our conversation to each other - not very intimate. I can't slate them, because they didn't do anything wrong. We just felt a bit cheated, sorry.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank katherinealicetrippy
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly underperformed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I read hundreds of reviews on TA to make sure my wife and I had a fantastic dinner for our one night in Paris.
We probably made the mistake of ordering food, we like to eat on a regular basis and have consumed when cooked perfectly. I, for example, just had salmon in Iceland last week and in comparison Mariette's salmon was just about average. Now Iceland has an advantage, but I have made very good salmon myself in Colorado. My wife had the steak and it was nowhere near a 42€ steak. I have made better ones at home and I'm not a chef.
Now I do like good restaurants and should probably have ordered something different, but I expected my one dinner in Paris to be outstanding, especially after reading the TA reviews. The service was fantastic and they cared so much about us, we felt special that night with them, still, the food was just about fine, no more no less.

1 Thank Douglas A
London
“Food is wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

Small restaurant in very central Paris. Treated myself with French seafood. Eventhough I never go to restaurant with prices this high, this one worth each penny I paid for it. Recommend it for family dinners. Service is good quality.

• Visited November 2012