Hotel du Louvre
$198
$168
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$294
$224
Orbitz.com
$400
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
2,186 results
All reviewscomedie francaisegreat locationhyatt pointspalais royalopera househotel restaurantconcierge deskhousekeeping staffheart of parislarge bathroommetro stationwonderful hotelfew blockscroissantslouvrerenovationbrasserie
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've just spent the weekend at the Hotel du Louvre and it's was everything I had expected and wanted. The location is perfect - with so many of the main sites and attractions really nearby. I had a superior room which was small - fine for me as I was travelling alone, but if you were sharing you would have to be very fond of your roommate! But the room was quiet, the bed comfortable and I had some of the best nights' sleep I've had in a long time! The bathroom however was massive - maybe a bit more bedroom space and a bit less bathroom space would provide a better balance?!

I found the staff all very pleasant and helpful - nothing was too much trouble, and that goes for the waiting staff, the concierge and the reception staff - other reviewers who have described waiting staff a snooty, must have been served by different people from those I encountered! On my last night I had dinner in the hotel restaurant - not cheap but very good and I had a glass of some of the nicest Sancerre I've ever tasted.

It's not cheap but if you are looking for somewhere to stay for the weekend in Paris as a special treat, then this is the place. I would stay again!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Madgemcg
pfauret, Social Media Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comment about our hotel.

I will definitely share with all our staff your positive comments. Your satisfaction is an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay memorable.

I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel du Louvre.

With our best regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Overall a very good choice for staying in Paris. Obviously a brilliant location and fro the price we payed i must say very good value for money. Nice rooms albeit very hard bed - clean and quiet and good breakfast buffet which was more than ok for the EUR 19 per person we paid. The hotel is indeed old which you can see, so with slightly softer bed and a touch of paint this would be 5/5 rating. Just remember - a five star hotel in France is not necessary a luxury hotel, but if you compare price vs quality, the Hotel de Louvre is hard to beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the open area to the left of the main enterance. More quiet than the rooms facing Le Louvre. Generally rooms on the 1st floor has a higher ceiling than further up so to be recommended.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
pfauret, Social Media Manager at Hotel du Louvre, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.
I was very pleased to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
However, we have taken good note of your remarks concerning your bed. Please rest assured that the comfort and the satisfaction of our guests are our first preoccupations. Thank you for your understanding and for helping us improve the quality of our service.
With my best regards,

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I have booked a surprise trip to Paris for the 40th birthday of my wife (and mentioned this with my reservation). As I taught, they didn’t make any attention about this. I booked an Deluxe room for a stay of 2 nights. The rooms are very small and old fashioned, so my wife was a bit disapointed. The bath rooms are clean and comfortable. The only advantage of this hotel is the great location.

Room Tip: ask for a room on an upper level and away from the elevators. otherwise you will be bothered by the noice both.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for having taken the time to write a review following your stay at the Hotel du Louvre.

Please do accept our most sincere apologies for not having meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that the comfort and the satisfaction of our guests are our first preoccupations. I thank you for your understanding and for helping us to improve the quality of our service.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in December 2011 for 2 nights and have booked to go again this December (I guess that shows we enjoyed our stay). We really felt the hotel suited what we were looking for which was a clean and comfortable room in a good location.

ROOMS:

We arrived early (about 11:30am if I remember correctly) and were just going to ask them to store our bags so we could explore the City and then go back later in the day to check in. To our surprise our room was ready and we could check in early. We had booked a standard room but were upgraded to a deluxe room free of charge upon arrival! The deluxe room was really nice, the bed comfortable and the bathroom clean and of a good size. We booked direct on the hotel's website and had requested a high floor away from the elevators - these requests were met. Our room overlooked the square which was quite nice. The only negative I could say is that you could occasionally hear the rumble of the metro at night but nothing too major!

STAFF:

All the staff we encountered were really friendly and helpful. The concierge was very informative and gave us lots of tips on where to eat, opening times for museums etc.

FOOD:

We had room service on our first night as we had a heavy lunch and were exhausted after a very early Eurostar from London and then a whole day walking around. Our food arrived promptly, however the pizza looked and tasted like it had come from the microwave and had mushrooms on it that we didn't ask for! Maybe we just had a bad experience?

LOCATION:

The hotel is in a very good location and within walking distance to all the key sights. I would advise people who don't like or struggle walking to take the metro or to get a cab though as some of the sights are quite a walk away, e.g. Eiffel Tower = approx 45mins on foot. We enjoyed walking everywhere so we could soak up the atmosphere (it was close to Christmas when we stayed so we stopped at a lot of the Christmas markets and drank vin chaud en route to the sights).

Overall, I would recommend the hotel as I feel it is good value for money for a 5 star hotel in Paris. It is also in a good location and has very helpful and friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor (to avoid hearing the Metro underground) and away from the lift to avoid hearing other guests.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for having taken the time to leave a comment about our hotel.

We are happy to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us.

However, we have taken good note of your remarks concerning the room-service: I will definitely share your remarks with our F&B Manager in order to avoid such issues in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Hôtel du Louvre.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Best location in Paris. Convenient to museums, Seine, Tuilleries, Opera House, Notre Dame, etc. Rooms very nice by European standards but then for US$600 + they outta be even nicer! Bkfst excellent although the staff is typically snooty ... just to make sure you know you're in Paris! Metro station right across the street and the last day of the Tour de France runs three blocks away. Desk staff was very helpful and recommended numerous excellent eateries close by. Hotel is full of antiques and period art... a museum in its' own right. If you can stomach the high rate it's a very worthwhile spot! And if you can't stomach or afford it you probably should skip Paris anyway!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you most sincerely for your very gracious and generous compliments following your recent stay with us at the Hôtel du Louvre.
We do hope to be able to welcome you again in the very near future and all remain at your disposal.
With our very best regards,