“Grand Hotel Malher continues becoming nicer all the time!”
Review of Grand Hotel Malher

Grand Hotel Malher
Ranked #684 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Seattle
“Grand Hotel Malher continues becoming nicer all the time!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Malher many times between 2002-2006 and always enjoyed it - staff, cost, location. The rooms were small but what I needed and felt there needed to be a bit of improvement but nothing kept me from going there. This time, due to mean spirited reviews, I didn't reserve. I booked somewhere else based on high Trip Advisor reviews and it was clean but depressing. On my first day in Paris I was in the Marias & decided to check out the hotel. IT WAS WONDERFUL and luckily there was a large room available and my partner and I immediately booked and moved to Hotel Grand Malher. It was a perfect room, staff was helpful and sweet & our time in Paris enriched by "going home" to our hotel. I never wrote on Trip Advisor before but felt compelled to by the rude and mean reviews posted. My only fear is there won't be a room next time I try to go! Thank you Lucas Fossier and Hotel Grand Malher!

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank djlibrarian
ghmalher, Propriétaire at Grand Hotel Malher, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you very much for you comment ! It is such a pleasure to see that you liked your stay in one of our new rooms. As a small famillial hotel, it is important for us to know our guests and to communicate with them. Be sure we will do our best to find a room for your next trips to Paris. We wish you all the best until your next visit ! Lucas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed for 4 days in the Malher. At the booking I was told to have to change my room after the second day due to reservation problems. The rooms are okay, but the floor could do with a more lovely decoration. The bed was comfortable, the shower hot and the pressure good. A nicely surprise for a hotel in Paris. Breakfast was adequate though I had to ask for my orange juice. People who love a bufett should have breakfast outside. After I changed the room I realized that I missed my shampoo, that I had left in the bathroom. I asked the Concierge to get the keys of the former room to take my shampoo. Unfortunately, it wasn't there anymore and the concierge didn't want to do anything. I was in a fury, because the shampoo was expensive and I had to buy a new one in paris. This is an unaccpetable behaviour!!!! The cleaning staff has to bring the shampoo to the reception and not to steal it!!!! So the reservation problem of the beginning turned out to be a shampoo problem for myself. For me Hotel Malher turned out to be Hotel MALHEUR. So be aware and don't forget anything.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
36 Thank travellerparis11
, Propriétaire at Grand Hotel Malher, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comment, we are happy that you liked our hotel and the location.

We are sorry about your lost shampoo, but you have to understand that the cleaning team has to throw away all these kind of things when they clean a room. Unfortunately, we cannot afford to keep all these kind of things for our guests, such as shampoo, soaps of food.

If you had asked kindly, we would have refounded the value of the shampoo, like we usually do when such cases happen.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The hotel is in a great location. The rooms were recently renovated and were very clean and updated. Very large bathroom with shower/tub combo in our triple room (though we only had 2 people). The hotel is going through renovations in common areas, so did have pounding/etc at 9:00 a.m.- for us not a big issue since were out sight seeing. It looks as though the renovations should be completed soon.
the hotel is very clost ot the tube/metro, and only a block from a taxi stand. Lots of shops in the area- could spend 2 days just exploring the area. Nice cafe's close for dinner and a bakery within a few blocks for breakfast. 10 minutes walk to Pompado, 15 minutes to Louve. Will definately stay here for next trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ghmalher, Propriétaire at Grand Hotel Malher, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you very much for post ! Renovations are going well here and we hope everything will be finished in october. As you know, we absolutely change evrything so sorry if there was some noise but the goal is to make the best place possible for our guests. We will be hapy to welcome you during your next trip.
london
Reviewed October 18, 2011

120 euro plus 9 euro breakfast is too much for a small double room last decorated in 1990. It's spotlessly clean, but there is no welcoming atmosphere and the decor is dull. Great location but no reason to return. There's better value round the corner.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank vanartus
ghmalher, Propriétaire at Grand Hotel Malher, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comment. We just want to inform you that we are entirely renovating our hotel, all rooms, bathrooms, decoration and the main reception. We hope we can welcome you in this new hotel and that you will like the new decoration.
Best regards
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed September 12, 2011

For some years that I come often to this hotel.
It is NOT a modern hotel, but I get what is fundamental for  a night sleep.
Location is splendid in the Marais zone, very near to St. Paul Metro 1 station
People at the reception are nice.
Prices are fixed and fair.
I prefer to take breakfast at "Dôme St Paul" café, by the corner of the street.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for your comment. It is always a pleasure to welcome guests like you who come back over the years.
We are now renovating entirely our hotel and we will be a 3 star hotel by the end of the year. All rooms, bathrooms and decoration will be new. We already finished two floors and we would be happy to show you our new rooms on your next visit to Paris.
Best regards
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed July 6, 2010

My parents and I stayed at this hotel in Paris for a Saturday night in June. The location of the hotel is conveniently close to the Saint Paul metro stop and a short walk to Notre Dame. The staff is very very friendly.

My room on the first floor facing the garden was quiet and adequate.

My parents room on the fifth floor faced the street, and with no air conditioning they were forced to choose between the hot stuffiness of the summer, or the loud noise of the bar across the street until 3 am. They had adjoining twin beds.

My mother woke in the morning with bed bug bites up and down her legs. The hotel denied any awareness of a bed bug problem (which may be true). The hotel failed utterly to make up any cost of the stay for this great unpleasantness and the stress it caused my mother, nevermind casting a shadow on an otherwise nice trip to Paris.

I will not recommend this hotel to anyone because 1) bed bugs!! and 2) if you have any problems, be rest assured the hotel will not do anything to remedy the situation. The hotel was informed I would leave this review if nothing was done - so you can conclude that nothing was done.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
7 Thank TravelingMat007
Pully
Reviewed February 10, 2010

This hotel is very well situated in the living area of Le Marais. Everything is nearby (underground station, shops, restaurants…) and you can walk to quite a lot of places of interest (Place des Vosges, Beaubourg, les Halles, Notre Dame de Paris, La Bastille…).
The rooms are not very big but very clean and well kept. The continental breakfast is served in charming room that was once a cellar and the qualitiy of the food is excllent.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple