“A break from the normal musuems”

La Cite des Sciences et de L'lndustrie
Book In Advance
More Info
$153.12*
and up
The Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60...
Ranked #176 of 1,107 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This large interactive science museum has numerous exhibits dedicated to making science comprehensible for non-scientists.
Dublin, Ireland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A break from the normal musuems”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I loved this science musuem. I spent hours here with my girlfriend and we didn't even see everything. The exhibition on the 'The Great Story of the Univierse' is brilliant and the planeterium was good to. The Illusion exhibition was great fun. What I loved about it was that a lot of the displays are interactive. The Cité des Sciences was included in the Paris Museum Pass. There is a lot to see here, so leave plenty of time.

Visited November 2012

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent for Toddlers!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Visited the children's section for 2-7 year olds (there is another for slightly older children) with my 2-year old son. It was a fantastic experience and he had an amazing time. We'll definitely be going back again some time. (Beware that the sessions are only at set times of the day, so check the website for details and plan accordingly).

Visited November 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“mixed feelings”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The museum has many parts and when you come with a family with mixed ages it can get confusing to know what to do as you have to buy different tickets. The same ticket does not cover all sections. The main museum is for older teens and grown ups. It is not that interactive. You don't have to do a lot of reading as much of the information is in audio formats. There is frequently a choice of french and english. My older teen who is really into science loved it. The rest of us were a bit bored. They have a bunch of info activities(presentations) occurring but they are all in French (naturally). I eventually took my 8 year to the enfantes 5- 12 yr. (there is also one for younger kids). That was very interactive and she enjoyed. Regrettably when I tried to bring my son in they told me I could not buy him a ticket because the museum was closing in 45 min. This I found disappointing. I should be able to choose if I want to spend that money for a short entrance time. My other advise is if you can take the metro I highly recommend it. We went on a Sat and the traffic on the ring road around paris was highly congested and it took much longer than the GPS said due to traffic.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank 5expats
Paris, France
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“great for kids”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My children have been going to the Cite des Enfants for years now and they absolutely love it. You need to book in advance or be prepared to wait for a slot as it gets very busy. The whole area is packed with museums for all ages, free play parks, picnic areas, concert halls, other museums. it is a MUST!

Visited May 2012
Washington, DC
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Don't waste your precious time”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I regret wasting a day and a small fortune here. The "exploration" part of the museum was tired and vacuous. The movie in the geode was fine but the space itself was old and hokey. The cafe was the worst. Kids liked the Cite des Enfants but frankly I had spent so much money on sub-par stuff (and interacted with staff with crummy attitipudes) that I just wanted out. Don't go!

Visited September 2012