“Beautiful Quarter” 5 of 5 bubbles

Paris Walking Tour: Latin Quarter
Ranked #37 of 1,085 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This famous Left Bank neighborhood, so named because the numerous university students in the area spoke only Latin to their professors until the French Revolution, preserves an authentic Parisian atmosphere of old.
Lisbon, Lisboa, Portugal
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Beautiful Quarter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

Typical quarter full of history. I read that some parts of the movie Midnight in Paris were shot there. Definitely a place to get lost among the little stores

Visited November 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Magnificent Paris...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

I like this Paris area.
We stayed there,so we walked down the streets of Latin Quarter a lot.Maybe I expected even more,but I cannot say I was disappointed.
My favourite boulevards(St.Germain and St.Michel)goes through the Latin Quarter,do not miss Rue Mouffetard,beautiful Jarden du Luxembourg,grand Pantheon,Sorbonne and lot of other things.
We especially enjoyed to sit and have a coffee or wine at Place Saint Michel.It is always lively there,with a street performers,a lot of people,and Seine a few steps away.
I suggest you to find accommodation there,we have just a great memories.
I see that some people mentioned pickpockets.It is true,but you will find it in every tourist crowded city in the world.So,pay attention to that,and enjoy in the world¨s most beautiful city.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Damir H
Stamford CT
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“On the fence”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We rented an apartment in the Latin Quarter for 4 nights. While we loved having the apartment, we hated having to run the smoking gamut of all the people that worked at the 2 restaurants on either side of the entrance. While I enjoyed staying here, I will definitely try a different area next time (and there will be a next time) as I just didn't enjoy the area as much as some others did. It probably should be renamed the Greek Quarter as greek restaurants predominate the area. Not exactly the Parisian experience I wanted. Our one bad meal was in this area. Bad in both food and service.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank CTKath
Brisbane, Australia
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“South of the Ile de la Cite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Latin quarter is a great place to stay in Paris. We found a tiny apartment in the Rue Des Artes and stepped out each morning into the buzz of Paris sidewalk culture. Just a few metres takes you across to Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle and the Seine. The Bateau Bus (boat) is a great way to see the city from the river and relax into the lifestyle. Picnic by the Seine has to be a favourite way to eat - find a bottle of wine, a baguette and some cheese - and enjoy! Bon appetite.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Amanda G
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“A Wonderful Latin Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Browsing through the Latin quarter of Paris was an amazing experience. Haven't been there since 2010 - but we'll be back for another browse as sure a apples are apples! Probably next year or the year after, we'll be there again, soaking up the tremendous atmosphere of the Latin Quarter.

1 Thank sheilanewton