“So glad I went”

Ranked #3 of 255 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This risqué world-famous cabaret, performed in a 19th-century windmill, has been exciting audiences since 1900.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

While in Paris one of my friends said he really wanted to see it but was concerned about the price which was €105 for the show and half a bottle of champagne. We decided while we were in Paris we'd make the most of it so we saw the 9pm showing and walked out amazed. It was such a well put together show you can't take your eyes off it. You can have a meal before the show starts but I felt it was well over priced. I'd advised booking it a couple of nights beforehand and they don't take any money from you just your name so if you end up not making it you won't be out if pocket.
I highly recommend visiting the show even if it your unsure about liking it. Trust me you'll love it!

2  Thank Daniel381
Write a ReviewReviews (11,179)
All reviews
in 508 reviews
"theatre"
in 430 reviews

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We did the 7pm dinner and show. Meal was OK, not fantastic but enjoyable enough. Really enjoyed the Mumm champagne! Our dinner companion situation started poorly, when we were seated next to an old Eastern European couple with no English. Thankfully though not too long later the seats on our other side were taken by an Aussie couple from Eden of all places. We had a fantastic night together, my new friend and I spent the night critiquing the bodies on display. We have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as a skinny woman with natural big breasts, those dancers were all tiny. No implants here either, they would have stood out a mile :) Gender inequality is alive and well at the Moulin Rouge. The bodies of male dancers would have been 95% covered by their costume (hands and face only on view), the women on the other hand were usually 95% UNcovered. I did prefer the routines where there was a bit more clothing and I could focus on the spectacle rather than the nipples. Some of the male dancers had the most unreal looking angular faces, one in particular we nicknamed Kryten (from Red Dwarf fame). Interspersed with the dance numbers were amazing acrobatic or clowning performances that were alternately hilarious or inspiring. It was a spectacular and entertaining night, very pleased we dragged our weary bodies out for it.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The show was spectacular, a must see! My only advise is to check on the seating before you go. We bought the tickets from an online agency. We went for the 11pm show and it started at 11:30pm and finished at 1:30am. We were seated at a table with 2 other couples. There was nothing wrong with that, except that we had to sit on the chairs at the back and it was difficult to see the whole stage. We had to consistently move not to miss anything that was going on stage.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

in these days of austerity it was great to see such a lavish show. we had the 9pm half bottle of champagne and show and had a lovely meal beforehand at the excellent Italian restaurant on the other side of the road. You kind of have to see it to believe it, but I would say it is definitely worth the money. the only downside is that they do pack you in and the chairs aren't that comfortable but the show is so enthralling you don't really notice that too much

See more reviews
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Moulin Rouge in Paris was a wonderful show. However, they herded us into a big room with stairs and made us wait for more than 30 minutes and it was so hot. People started getting so mad, including us. At one point people at the top of the stairs where it was the hottest (where we were) began clapping and we began to yell to the ushers at the doorway below, and they began to let us into the theater. The show was running late, I think, and it was a rainy day, so I'm sure they meant to keep us out of the rain, but it was torture to start the experience of Moulin Rouge that way. I thought our friends from London were going to walk out. They go to the theater a lot in London and this was inexcusable behavior on the part of management towards their clients.
Other than that, the show was so great! Professional and seductive and wonderful. I highly recommend it. The guy who makes the dog talk was spellbinding. I can't believe I just wrote that down, but it's so true and I'm laughing now. The show was crazy and burlesque and very very good.