“Don't do the dinner”

Ranked #3 of 242 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This risqué world-famous cabaret, performed in a 19th-century windmill, has been exciting audiences since 1900.
Aiken, SC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't do the dinner”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Read negative things about the food but thought we couldn't get there in time without doing the dinner THERE. We were wrong. ALL dinners do not take 3 hours. The Foie Gras was NASTY with chunks of fat and it was very hard. Dinner left A LOT to be desired. The SHOW, however, was wonderful! The intermission entertainment was funny. The ladies were beautiful! Costumes/props were over the top. They truly seemed to enjoy their craft. The men were great to watch, too. I couldn't wait to see what they would do next. A definite "must see" just without the dinner.

Visited January 2013

• Turkish first
Indianapolis, IN
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Just go by to get pictures”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Just go by to get pictures, especially if you are with your family. You will not want to stay in this "red light" district for long. Little eyes do not need to window shop here.

Visited October 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank samjam801
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awful queue - don't wear heels!”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went for the 11pm show. We received strongly worded instructions saying we must be there by 10:30pm at the latest. We were there for 10:30, but were in fact about one thousandth in the queue. It was the longest queue I've ever seen (theme parks included). They finally opened the doors at 11. I had dressed up for the occasion and had new shoes on and I have never had such blisters as from standing in that queue.

When they finally open the doors, they herd and squish you in and sit you at the tiny tables, dole out your 1/2 bottle of champagne and then patrol (not to see if they can serve you any more drinks, but to check you're not secretly filming the show) and although I could see the show pretty well, my boyfriend who sat opposite had to crick his neck to see.

The show itself was OK (yes, they mime, but they admit that on their website, and I knew that when I booked), the kind of thing it's nice to say you've seen, but I wouldn't go twice, given the hefty price tag and poor service.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Laura P
Medan, Indonesia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Boring”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and i went to try and watch the famous moulin rouge and we got the first row table so we were very near the stage and was like 1 meter away from the dancer. We can see everything! And still was bored. We were yawning the whole way. There was no storyline, the dancing was... Boring and mediocre. We decided to not waste our time and leave after 30 minutes of watching them kicking their legs.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Ivana T
Paris, France
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Very pleasant, professional, perfect for special occasions”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Went for a Sunday matinee with lunch and I was pleasantly surprised.

Service was excellent & well organised (of course they do shows day-after-day, so even the usually not-so-organised French have gotten the hang of it by now) and we enjoyed the excellent food (desert was superb) with champagne and live music.

The show exceeded my expectations on all levels with many surprises (did not expect cobra's in a small pool with a female performer!).

Overall, very entertaining and worthwhile. I understand the evening performances get very very busy, but with the exception of a few dates that's mostly all they offer. Views are good from most tables.

Tripadvisor readers, I think it's safe to say you can ignore the very negative reviews, you can't really go wrong with this attraction.

Visited February 2013