“You have to go!”

Ranked #3 of 242 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This risqué world-famous cabaret, performed in a 19th-century windmill, has been exciting audiences since 1900.
WATERFORD, Connecticut
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“You have to go!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Moulin Rouge was worth the visit. We made a reservation the morning of our desired visit - no problem. We got there about a half hour before show time and beat the big crowd. We dressed up (not too overdone) and we were seated right in the front! They lip sync the songs, but the costumes (the little they are) are beautiful and the experience itself is worth the price tag.

1 Thank heezem

17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Good to see”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

The show was entertaining, although it had maybe two points when it was kind of slow. It's more than just singing and dancing. It's said to be a must see so that's why I recommend it. Don't take my lack of enthusiasm for dislike because we enjoyed the show and were glad we saw it.

Buy just the ticket, not the ticket with wine or dinner, and I recommend going to the early show because it may run a little late and push the later show back. Plus all bars in Paris close at 2am so once you get out of the late show you have little time for nightlife. The line is really long but it goes really fast once they start letting people in. The line is everyone with reservations. BUT if you want a good seat you should get in line maybe 30-40 mins early to ensure you beat the crowd because they sit you as you arrive. There's no reserved seating from what I saw...unless maybe you had dinner there.

Melbourne
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“So disappointed”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with the Moulin Rouge. The tickets are expensive, the reputation is excellent and I was expected a show which would live up to those standards. The tables are extremely cramped, the staff are equally rude. I have dancing training and the choreography was appalling and the technique, particularly from the male dancers was also substandard. It was 80s disco meets high school musical + breasts. I think the breasts are the only element that keeps this show going. Think twice before attending this show!

2 Thank Laura_DK
Melbourne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Fantastic show, but dinner was awful”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

My husband and I were in Paris for a week, and booked in for the show and dinner package. We thought you cant be in Paris and miss the Moulin Rouge! But now we know, you can!!

We chose the 'Toulouse L'autrec' menu.The food was unfortunately, the worse food we ever had at a restaurant. It was worse than the food which is served in planes. I was actually sick after dinner, specially the main was disgusting, I had the fish with a white sauce with it, the sauce tasted like it was a sachet sauce.

The show however saved the night for us. It was probably the best show I've ever seen. Specially the part where the topless girl dipped into a pool of water and snakes swimming with the girl! That was spectacular, when she pulled out that huge albinos snake out of the water and danced with it!

And whats with the no camera rule! The paying patrons should be free to bring their cameras in as long as its without flash! After all, we are paying for the show! 175Euros per head and not allowed to bring our camera! Its ridiculous!

I would recommend the show ONLY, and certainly NOT THE DINNER!

Visited September 2012
brisbane
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Moulin Rouge Paris”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This was an enjoyable evening. We saw the show "Feerie". It was good and entertaining. It will be spectacular for someone how haven't see such a show before. However we enjoyed the "side" acts even more. Highly skilled people doing acrobatic stunts. Also interesting was the woman swimming with snakes. Staff was a little bit slow on serving the drinks. Espesially because we changed ours to soft drinks in stead of a bottle of champaigne. I recommend the show for a family with teens (rather girls than boys--because of the topless show girls). We went to the show to end our visit to Paris. I also recommend the 7pm show and not the 11pm show if you have a choise. It was just too late if you need to travel the next day. The tour bus dropped us near our hotel at about 2am. We had to be on the train to Zurich at 7am.

Some tours offer a "Illumination tour" (+ Moulin Rouge ) through Paris before the show. That's what we did. However, do not take this tour in the summer. It was a waste of time as NONE of the famous attractions' light s was on as the sun only sets at 10pm.!! So rather do such a tour in the winter or AFTER a Moulin Rouge show if it is available.

Visited July 2012