“Only for the open minded!”
Review of Moulin Rouge

Ranked #3 of 242 Concerts & Shows in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This risqué world-famous cabaret, performed in a 19th-century windmill, has been exciting audiences since 1900.
Bangor, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only for the open minded!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I ventured into Paris to see what the Moulin Rouge is all about. I can tell you that the object of the game for the showgirls seems to be to wear as much as you can, while covering as little as you can! So, I would say this is for adults only. The show itself was quite bizarre - we couldn't follow the lyrics since we can't speak French very well, but we enjoyed the music and the dancing. There were a variety of other performers as well as the well known showgirls line up. We saw jugglers, acrobats, and a strange and unsettling snake-based performance. It was all very entertaining indeed, and I would recommend it to any of my friends, but probably not my grandparents.

The space is very tight, so if you're claustrophobic, you might have issues. We didn't have our dinner there, but after seeing how tight for space the seating is, I think it was for the best. The staff were extremely professional and attentive. My wife had a broken foot at the time we were visiting, so I was pushing her about in a wheelchair when she wasn't using crutches. The staff took us straight through to the auditorium, and helped carry the wheelchair. We had a gentleman help us again on the way out, taking us back to street level on the lift, and made sure we got a taxi home. I was very impressed with the service. Overall, well worth a visit.

Visited October 2012

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Save your money!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

What a rip off! Visited 11pm performance but from the off it was poor quality for the money paid. This place is trading on its name but not delivering good enough Caberet. Yes there was lots of 'flesh' to be seen but the dancing was poor and out of time. The only good bits were the gymnast and juggler in between the turgid dancing. My advice -take pictures from the outside to say you have been but don't waste your money going in there are better places to see and eat in Paris.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Louise T
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A little pricey”
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunately I wouldn't say this was good enough for the price tag. The can can was great and some parts were stunning but for the most part it was average dancing by topless girls with tiny boobs. I have no problem with boobs of any size but after a while i got the feeling that taking your top off might be the only criteria for working there. The menu was criminally expensive with wine STARTING at €40 and an O.J. costing €8. It was good don't get me wrong, but not €95 good. The Tropicana in Havana is better.

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Ahhhh Paris !!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Been twice in Moulin rouge and enjoyed it a lot,just wonderful experience,so exciting show!!!

Had a very nice meal there with the french champagne,vine ...... the staff was very polite and professional.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Monica L
Perth
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Magical Mystery Tour Cabaret”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Glamour, glitz, energy and fabulous entertainment. We loved every part of it from the anticipation while waiting in the long que to get in to the shared seating with exotic strangers all enjoying the thrill of a night out in Paris. Can't wait to go again.

Visited September 2012