“...”

$70.85*
Small-Group Tour: Paris Latin Quarter and Notre-Dame Cathedral
Ranked #171 of 1,228 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1253, this venerable university, one of the world's oldest, has a long and storied history of academic greatness.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice but as a tourist, you can just see the facades there. There weren't that many things besides that to see.

1  Thank Maja M

Reviewed January 5, 2014

As one of the most famous universities, I often wonder what it would be like to have actually studied there. Maybe I will get the chance in my later life, but for the time being I still like to walk around through the area that surrounds and feel the spirit of this university through the students that attend it and frequent the various places around it.

1  Thank HiddenCaviar
Reviewed July 29, 2013

visitor only allowed in the courtyard. Absolutely excellent experience t walk around the court where the big minds used to walk. ( and not to mention of course the present day intellectualls)

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We called in on our way down Boulevard Saint Michel to Place de la Sorbonne and looked at the very nice monument to Auguste Comte by Jean-Antoine Injalbert. I went back to the area several other times and it was good to see the students during exam time, huddled in groups and doing last minute reviews of notes. It took me back to my student days (sigh) - I just wish my university had been as beautiful, and had the history that this one does! Well worth a visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Despite its historical and cultural influence, the University building itself had little to offer when it comes to aesthetic value, especially when considering other architecturally attractive sites in Paris . If it weren't for its short distance from the Pantheon and Saint-Étienne-du-Mont church, I would have considered the trip to see the Sorbonne wasted.

2  Thank FingolfinTEK