“The best of everything they do”

Boulangerie Poilane
Ranked #54 of 698 Shopping in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Considered by many to be Paris's best bakery.
Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

I have found no better breads, croissants, or butter cookies anywhere else in the world. I even chose a breakfast spot for this trip based on the fact that their supplier is Poilane.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I found this boulangerie to have the best croissant's in Paris. They are so flaky they almost fall apart in your hands. It was never toop crowded and the woman who worked the front desk was always pleasant. I went there every monring during my stay and was starting to feel a little silly by the end of the trtip but I couldn't resist!

1  Thank John H
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The croissants - especially first thing in the morning when they are still warm - are so, so, so good. The bread is legendary and the butter cookies - you will ahve dreams about them!!!

4  Thank luvroma2
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This bakery was recommended by a friend so we checked it out while walking the shops in this area of Paris. The ladies in the shop were welcoming and offered us a sample. Our family's favorite was the raisin bread which is wonderful warmed up with melted butter, just a little sweet. Their sourdough bread is special too. They only use stone ground grains and only four ingredients for their breads so they are very natural and fresh. They even make doggie cookies for fun.

We would love to go back again and would try their other locations. They do ship but I haven't tried it. Think I would rather enjoy visiting the shop and picking up fresh bread right there.

3  Thank TeamTravel3
Reviewed March 17, 2004

Twenty years ago I went to Paris with a guide book in hand called Turn Right At the Fountain. In this book I discovered Poilane. The description of the street and the wonder bakery has been imbedded in my mind forever. The little Poilane Rolls have been with me on train trips,cruise ships and on the airplane back to the States. Oh, to have one now! Vive Poilane. Helen Merken

13  Thank helen m