All reviews paul metro marais district musee carnavalet great location st paul around the corner picasso museum croissants place st baguette corner room the ground floor rue de rivoli single room breakfast room pompidou centre tiny lift
Reviewed April 26, 2010

We were stranded in Paris during the Iceland volcano eruption. Luckily the lady at Jeanne d"Arc informed us before we checked out of the hotel. They were very accommodating. Arranged for us to extend our stay at the hotel without jacking up the price for which I was very very glad.

No question was asked or additional charge incurred when we informed them on 22nd April that we got confirmed seats to fly out of Paris on 23rd April.

Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
information7, Responsable réception at Hotel Jeanne D'Arc, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

Dear Customer,

We thank you for your comment on your stay and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip to Paris because since your last visit we have done many renovations.

Reviewed April 23, 2010

I stayed here for a few nights in April. I booked it through the internet and everything went through flawlessly.

About the hotel... good... location, location, location. Its excellent. Close to the metro, close to superb restaurants, close to shopping area, walking distance to Notre dame, Louvre,... In total, hotel is a great value. 90 EUR for double is difficult to get in an expensive Paris. Also breakfast was good and great value, however apparently coffee tasted strange (i don't drink coffee, so i couldn't verify this). Staff was OK, helpful with advice. Free wireless internet is available (you get the code at the reception), however, it only works on a ground floor and maybe on the 1st floor. A computer with internet access is also freely available.

What didn't like was the room. It was clean enough, on a small size, well furnished, just... a view... well, i didn't expect a view for 90 EUR, but looking onto a shaft made the room very dark, and you couldn't tell what kind of weather is outside. The furniture looked outdated, but i really didn't mind. Unfortunately we weren't able to move, as the hotel was completely full... But... on the other hand, it was completely quiet.

My relatively bad mark goes only to the room, or better, to its "location". What i have seen majority of rooms they look onto the street, and have normal windows. These rooms are probably a good choice. But at the end of the day, how much time do you actually spend in the room?!?

Would I choose again the hotel? Yes. Hotel is a good value find in Paris. And some rooms are better than others. Unfortunately. They gave us one of less desired rooms nevertheless that i already reserved 6 months before...

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and we are sorry. We invite you to come back because since your last visit we have done a lot of renovations.

Reviewed April 15, 2010

Stayed there in mid-April 2010 with two friends. I was the only guy, so I got the single (double bed) room on the 5th floor. The smell of fresh paint lingered through the week. The room was unremarkable--plain, very small bathroom, shower water regularly spilled onto the bathroom floor because of the size. Bath cabinet damaged. Wall plug didn't work. I awoke every morning to the sounds of the trash collectors gathering the trash bins (though I realize I was in a congested neighborhood--Bastille/Marais).

The professional staff was rather cold and unfriendly. Instead of a simple warm "Bonjour" or "How was yoru day" from time to time (which I would think would be rather routine in the hospitality business), nothing as you came or went.

One couple, who apparently reserved well in advance, were told when they arrived that because of the renovaitons, they 'd have to stay at another local hotel that the Hotel arranged. No price adjustment, etc., the staffer told the couple. They left, saw the hotel, and returned to tell Anne-Sophie that the hotel wasn't fit for their dog to stay. No apologize from the staff! I felt bad for them.

Apparently, they've been painting for months. I saw a review from Jan 2010 with the same complaint.

Overall, it was probalby a decent value, but not the kind of "great find" that some travel mag that I happened to see last year (can't recall) suggested!.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 7, 2010

Super location - 10 minutes stroll to the Seine, Ile de la Cité etc. Friendly helpful staff, nice and clean rooms in "an-above-average-Paris-size". Le Marais is a wonderful neighbourhood, full of life and good speciality shops. Absolutely recommendable.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 13, 2010

I have just returned from a one week stay at this wonderful hotel. For the $ 124 a night they charge, you'd be hard pressed to find a better accomodation in Paris. I was lucky enough to book well ahead so I had a corner room, which was larger than the others, with double windows and views from the 5th floor. I saw the other rooms beside me, and they were quite small. The hotel is clean, the reception polite and professional, and the beds are very comfortable. The staff were nice enough to store a suitcase for me for two weeks while I took a side trip to Morocco. There is ample heating in winter if you have the valve on the radiator open, but there is no AC in summer. There is a nice flat screen TV with 20 channels mostly in French but there was CNN. The location is perfect for sightseeing in the 3rd,4th, and 5th arrondissements. There is a great bakery called Manon on the main blvd. and there are many asian restaurants that offer a tasty inexpensive alternative to fine dining. Be sure to try the amazing falafel at l'As du Fallafel on rue des Rosiers in the Jewish quarter. Subway access is either Saint Paul or Bastille.
Do not hesitate to book this hotel. You could do a lot worse in Paris for a lot more money.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple